HOW TO: Traditional Body Drop

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 17438
replies 71
following 44

sadisticiron   +1y
i still have my stock tunnel except for the rear section
sadisticiron   +1y
the og frame for mikes s10 was built by ken and i way back when. i rebuilt a complete frame several months after we parted ways. the new frame is here
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by 4uh8rs

YEAH FOR SETH AND BOBBY COVERED IT WELL...I HAVE ALWAYS DONE FULL SIZES THAT WAY BECAUSE IF U MESS WITH THE SEAT MOUNTS U DONT REALLY LOSE HEAD ROOM.....SETH THE TRUCK IS LOOKIN SIK BY THE WAY

Thanks Jeff!
thacru78   +1y
What balljoints did you use on that frame bobby. It's gets alot of lift. I really need alot of lift to untuck almost half of a 32 inch tire. That frame is sick. Sadistic does some sick as work.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Maybe those Power Performance S10 balljoints. They get a shitload of travel. I'm getting 13" of travel out of my Chryslers.
whynotfab   +1y
awesome thread with great pics to save thanks seth and bobby
madmatt   +1y
Seth, I never knew you messed with the body mounts. Were those the cab mounts? I assumed you would leave the floor bolted down and drop the cab. I can see dropping the radiator core ears, but I always thought you left the bed and cab floors bolted and just cut and lowered them and reconected them with fillers.
Layedoutcourier   +1y
I have a question about chaneling. On my courier I would cut a slot for the frame to go upin then i would cut the 4 body mounts then the body would drop. Then you weld the body mounts where ever the new place is and make covers over the frame rails,tub the fire wall if needed and make a diffrent transmition tunnel if needed Would this be all for the cab? If not please tell me.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by MadMatt

Seth, I never knew you messed with the body mounts. Were those the cab mounts? I assumed you would leave the floor bolted down and drop the cab. I can see dropping the radiator core ears, but I always thought you left the bed and cab floors bolted and just cut and lowered them and reconected them with fillers.

I didn't mess with the cab mounts. Try not to confuse my traditional bodydrop with the channelign and info from Bobbys Toyota.
LOWEST1   +1y
Originally posted by Layedoutcourier

I have a question about chaneling. On my courier I would cut a slot for the frame to go upin then i would cut the 4 body mounts then the body would drop. Then you weld the body mounts where ever the new place is and make covers over the frame rails,tub the fire wall if needed and make a diffrent transmition tunnel if needed Would this be all for the cab? If not please tell me.

Basically yes.