Page 3 of 8
Air Ride Suspensions \  HOW TO: Traditional Body Drop

HOW TO: Traditional Body Drop

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 17422
replies 71
following 44

sadisticiron   +1y
the carpet padding covers it back up it only sits about a 1/4 of an inch into the cab aswell
bowtied   +1y
So how far does that drop the body? Like a couple inches?
sadisticiron   +1y
its ok to mess wih the mounts cuz during to build and fab stages if you dont like certain body gaps you can compensate by moving the mounts fractions in either direction
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by bowtied

Oh. Okay. Wouldn't it be a good idea to not mess with the mounts that hold the body to the frame though?

No, thats what you cut off and lower. Then you weld them back on. Look at the body mount in this picture, you can tell it was cut off and rewelded, because there is a nice weld there rather than a factory booger bead.
sadisticiron   +1y
thanks seth
bowtied   +1y
Oh okay.I see now. I understand now. I appriciate the help guys. Sorry i've never done any suspension work before so it's all new to me. Thanks for the help guys. Awesome work you guys are doen though!
TwistedMinis   +1y
Thats why this thread is here. I have to find my other ones.
jumbo   +1y
Edited: 1/10/2007 10:35:41 PM by sdime2372

Seth and Sadistic

Seth, you're my new hero. I wish i'd got into this shit when i was your age, now i'm 30 and don't even know how to weld. I'll get there, though, but i'm afraid of fubar'ing something up really bad..

Sadistic, did/do you have a flat black, chopped, bd sonoma w/22's? I had a pic that was the background on my work comp of that truck, i'm pretty sure it said Sadistic on the front windshield like your siggy....
TwistedMinis   +1y
That truck you're thinking of belongs to Mike Alexander. Bobby built a full frame for it. I don't think its chopped, but I could be wrong.
sadisticiron   +1y
no it wasnt chopped that front end was raised to fit the 22's when the smallest tire was a 265/35/22, giving the illusion that the top was chopped. i built mike the new frame and replaced the sheet metal with new steel.