Page 5 of 6
Motorcycles \  thinkin about gettin a bike

thinkin about gettin a bike

Motorcycles Make Specific
views 2253
replies 50
following 34

Douggiefresh   +1y
I was always been told there are two types of riders... the ones who have dropped there bikes, and the once who are going to drop there bikes. You figure it out. You may drop it going 10 mph, you may drop it going 60. Either way, generally, almost everybody has dumped there bike or is going to at one point or another.
b12yan   +1y
Originally posted by bdroppeddak

i found a 98 cbr for $3800 with 5500 miles on it.... sound alittle much or is that fair?

come on pussy get one... with ur luck it may just catch fire and burn... so look at the possitive side u may not even have to dump it to wreck it..
bdroppeddak   +1y
i like the sound of dropping it at 10mph, sounds less painful......
wht01ranger   +1y
cris just make sure u get some seatbelts
Bentlay   +1y
make sure u add the cost of a good helmet and good gear into ur total price... ive ridden dirt bikes my whole life, and i sometimes ride street bikes down here in AZ. Even though its 100+ degrees outside i wear full leather. u can be the best rider in the world, but it only takes one person on their cell phone not paying attention for u to kiss the ground.
DragginHardbody   +1y
I am selling a 2002 GSXR 600 if you are interested. It is scratched up a little but is a perfect first bike.
DragginHardbody   +1y
I am selling a 2002 GSXR 600. It is scratched up a little but is a perfect first time bike. Let me know if you are interested
DragginHardbody   +1y
2002 GSXR for sale if you are interested. Let me know and I can post pictures.
low mazda   +1y
cris, you should be fine. everyday riding is wonderful. I do it. I never rode befor and bought a 01 zx6r. Now I am wanting to step up to a busa. but my feelings are gonna lie with Kawa. You always get a special feeling for the make of your first bike. they are fun, and the only downside to it right now is it gets hot as hell with a helmet on in 100 degree weather. but all in all, I love it. I probably won't ever live another day not owning a crotch rocket.

BTW, i never rode one until I bought mine, and now I go ride road atlanta with the big boys sometimes. Never took a course or anything.
jreed   +1y
Originally posted by bdroppeddak

i like the sound of dropping it at 10mph, sounds less painful......

I would have to disagree with that. My friend dumped an '05 GSX-R 750 a few months back. He was leaving a parking lot, driving down the lane and turned to pull out. The rear tire hopped up on a rock or something and the bike out, but not completely. The rear caught traction again and caused him to high side. He went down hard and broke his collar bone. There enough damage to the bike that the insurance company totaled it. Don't let that discourage you though. Before he healed, he already had an '06 GSX-r 750. Another friend was going about sixty and some dumbass made a U-turn in front of him from the side of the road. He slid out and hit the truck. Banged up a bit with a minor fracture in his wrist, but back to work in no time. Speed doesn't matter. I'd say that if you've never ridden on the street before, buy a cheap bike to get used to traffic and common road hazards. After a few months (if that long) you'll probably be ready for a newer bike. If the bike is in good shape, you could probably get back what you put into it. You might also find that once you are used to riding on the street, you'll be more comfortable taking a test ride to pick the bike that best suits you. Rather than picking one based on advice or what a dealer tells you.