Page 4 of 6
Motorcycles \  thinkin about gettin a bike

thinkin about gettin a bike

Motorcycles Make Specific
views 2248
replies 50
following 34

bdroppeddak   +1y
haha yea my craptor has more than that, but it does have 4 wheels and 396lbs....
luv2sprk   +1y
my advice is, if your gonna want a bigger bike later on, then go ahead and get it so you can grow into it. i know a guy who got overconfident with his 600 and layed down his brand new 1000 the first day he had it runnin from the fuzz.
TC29720   +1y
Edited: 7/5/2006 1:27:55 PM by TC29720

I just had a friend of mine buy a '06 CBR 600 F something, its the first bike he'd ever ridden at all and took to it like a champ, I rode it a while and liked it a lot. I believe it would be a good one to start on if you wanted to spend that kinda cash on a new one. And like Tim said, you're gonna lay it down eventually, no matter how skille you are, so take that into consideration, plus its not a lot of how talented of a rider you are, you can be the best, but the guy in the car next to you or pulling out in front of you could be your down fall.
NRlaydtaco   +1y
MY 2 CENTS IS I STARTED WITH A R6 AND NOW HAVE A 01 GZXR 1000. JUST BE CAREFUL WITH WHAT EVER U BUY. AND INSURANCE IS A BITCH IF UR UNDER 25.
bdroppeddak   +1y
what would you experts consider a fair price on a 98 cbr600?
Douggiefresh   +1y
I never owned a bike in my life, anything. Always road quads and dirtbikes though. When I was younger I did alot of BMX as well. I have wanted a street bike for so many years, always said I was going to get one. Well, last month I did. And I can say I am so glad I did. There is really nothing like it, riding a bike is so different than anything else. The power, and speed is unreal. Besides all that they are very very easy to learn how to use, and they are safe as well. As long as your careful and you respect the bike you should have no problems.

I researched bikes, and my buddy got the new 2006 Yamaha R6...I didnt like it. I have always been a fan of Suzuki's so I checked out the GSXR600. I ended up buying one, blue and white. I love it though, couldnt ask for a better bike. Already started customizing it to haha, its so addicting...

Here is a picture...

And dont let anybody tell you that a 600 is a pussy bike, I rode a 1000 for the past two days, and yea, they are serious serious bikes. The throttle response on them is unreal. But the 600's are just enough power for anybody, they will throw you back some.
TUCKINTEMPO   +1y
here is my first bike and it's a pussy 250, but the power to weight ratio is awesome, you would be surprised at how fast it is. oh and i got a little bored so now it's a hardtail, the customization drug owns me!
gravity5   +1y
A 600 is plenty of bike nowadays....most if not all 600cc sportbikes will click off an easy 10 second 1/4 mile, and will be better on gas than a 1000 while doing it. Not to mention most places rate the bike insurance on engine size, 600 and under is cheaper. And a 600 will go well into the 200 kmh range, or over 120 mph....
bdroppeddak   +1y
damn 1 person says i'll wreck no matter what, another says no if you are safe
bdroppeddak   +1y
i found a 98 cbr for $3800 with 5500 miles on it.... sound alittle much or is that fair?