Page 1 of 6
Motorcycles \  thinkin about gettin a bike

thinkin about gettin a bike

Motorcycles Make Specific
views 2230
replies 50
following 34

bdroppeddak   +1y
i havent been big into motorcycles, but am thinking of getting a street bike (something around 600cc). ive never been much of a careless person, but everyone says i will kill myself if i get one. would it be a smart move to get one for daily transportation, having not rode motorcycles all my life?
drtbiker182   +1y
i work at a large shop here in maryland. i see people everyday come in and buy bikes. personally i would recommend you take a motorcycle safety course with the dmv or a harley shop (riders edge course). it will not only help you out with riding it will make you more aware of things when driving a your car or truck. to me i think a 600cc bike would be could for you to start. you didnt specify whether you wanted a cruiser or sport bike but just dont rush out like every other know it all and buy the 1000 (JIXA) because a 600 is plenty of bike man. sorry to ramble on lol. good luck man
bdroppeddak   +1y
a sport bike, maybe like a cbr600 or similair bike.
hybrid showoff   +1y
everyone tells you, you'll kill yourself with the first bike you get. if your not a complete dumba** then you'll be fine. bikes arent hard to ride at all. just hold the throttle at like 1500-2000rpm and slowly let off the clutch and when the bike starts creeping forward, simotaniously give a little more gas and let out the clutch a little more. thats all your realyl going to need to know. once your rolling all you do is let off the gas and pull in the clutch and shift yoru gears then let off teh clutch and give it gas. i think you will be perfectly fine. what kind of bike were you thnking about getting? my personal favorite is the honda CBR 600RR or 1000RR. all around perfect bike. 2004-2006. i have an 04 cbr 600rr and an 05 1000RR. would never ride anything else.
sukntire   +1y
I've been riding all my life and the best thing you can do is take the MSF riding course. And personally i think all the new 600cc bikes are still too much for the beginner. I would say buy a cheaper used bike like an older 600 because you can pretty much guarantee that you are gonna wreck it. Not trying to say anything against you, but that is just common knowledge. Hope this helps
bdroppeddak   +1y
ouch that sucks to hear i can operate one, im talkin more about the daily aspects of dealing with traffic and other conditions i'd face day to day.
bdroppeddak   +1y
so would you guys say a 2005 Ninja ZX6R 636 would be too much?
hybrid showoff   +1y
traffic sux, rain and snow suck. just watch everything thats going on around you. NEVER count on others to watch out for u cuz they dont. ive been hit twice by cars on mine. once on the freeway and once in a parking lot while i was parked. the dude backed right into me as i was getting off the bike. then put the car in drive and tried to drive away! old people! i swear they need to stop driving!! once 50 comes around.
mrbjk1   +1y
I agree with sukntire about buying an older bike. Try to get you like a 94 cbr 600 f2 or f3 cant remember the models back then but around that year. You can get them cheap and they're still nice bikes. Also as far as learning to ride take the safety course and then go to the mall at night when its closed and use the parking lot to learn how to ride. The lot is wide open and most have stop signs and shit you can use to help with taking off and low speed turns. I even do this when I get a new bike just to get used to how it handles cause they're all different.
b12yan   +1y
i say get a 1000.... i know u can handle it cris... hell u've handled black cock for this long so go big or go home..