Page 2 of 4
Yota 2.4L 22-R I4 \  Weber sidedraft part numbers

Weber sidedraft part numbers

Yota 2.4L 22-R I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 8702
replies 38
following 10

oldsklminitrk   +1y
LMAO I just noticed if ya look in the valve cover you can see 2damlo's look of enthusiasum for working on my truck
2damlo   +1y
yea he wanted it done right so he called me over oohhh low blow
twisted minis   +1y

So you ran it with the stock fan before and it ran cooler? If so, I'm getting one. Those look pretty damn cool.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Yeah cause its actually bigger than the factory I think and it causes the water pump to turn slower...something like that
twisted minis   +1y
Yea, I just figured if the water pump was turning slower it would pump less water.
3tcrob   +1y

It does turn slower It prevents cavatiation, When you are cruiseing at highway speeds or faster the pump perpeller will create a pocket and the water will flow right past it causeing the motor to get hot.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Yeah Seth I cant remeber how they explained it to me at LC
Ok so here another problem youll run into the 22r and 22re use a rubber gasket for the thermostat,you have to go back to the 20r thermostat gasket.
thread post photo

Next when you have to install the senors you wont be able to run a factory fuel pump and youll need adapters so the sensors will fit.
thread post photo

thread post photo

And Finally a big block chevy fuel pump block off plate works wonders here....it 4.99 and works as good as the LC 49.99 plate
thread post photo
3tcrob   +1y
Damn cant wait to see it all together, You using a aftermarket gauge and the Oe one still?
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Nah all OEM gauges thats why there are two sensors.....I couldnt get around it and besides I like my factory dash
Hopefully this will be a big help to you for what to look out for.
3tcrob   +1y

Yeah that is for sure It is turning out nice though, Cant wait to see it all together