Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-R I4 \  Crane Ignition help

Crane Ignition help

Yota 2.4L 22-R I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1520
replies 3
following 2

stlowburban   +1y
I searched but didn't find specifically what info i need. I'm wanting to put a Crane Hi-6 ignition box on my 86 22r with electronic ignition. I need some specifics of what wire to hook to what. Specifically does the white trigger wire from the crane box hook up to the red or the white wire coming off the distributor? Does the other one (red/white) just go to ground? Thanks for the help.
truck action   +1y
I have the Crane HI-6S in my 88 Toy with a LC Pro Street EFI.
You can e-mail me & I can scan all the pages of the installation book or you can go to Cranes site or call them or call LC.
LC's techs can walk you through the install.

Gary/Truck Action

stlowburban   +1y
I have the manual with mine. My unit is also gold in color not black like I've seen. I have heavy red (power), heavy black(ground), orange and black together (coil), thin red(ignition), thin blue(cylinder select), this green ( tach output), thin white(points trigger), red/black in a gray shield( magnetic trigger),. I talked to LC's tech line yesterday and he said the white going into my distributor from the igniter should be power in and the red one coming out should be the signal and hook my white wire to it. Said I could test em with a test light but neither lights it up or fires the coil so I'm still stumped. Thanks for looking at this.
stlowburban   +1y
Mine also has dual 44phh mikuni's on it, not injected.
Page 1 of 1