Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-R I4 \  Need some help

Need some help

Yota 2.4L 22-R I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 927
replies 6
following 3

mike_story   +1y
I have a 94 yota with the 4 banger in it! Got the truck it ran fine the frist couple of days! The check engin light came one a couple of time and would go right back off. Then it started ideling hi. Well to day drove it to work started to get lunch and it didn't make it there without stalling out. Tryed starting it again in the drive thu, would start but only run for about 5-10 secounds then die out again! Any ideas of that the problem would be would be great! Thanks for the help!!
baha   +1y
Sounds like either the mass air flow sensor, or oxygen sensor to me. Can you disconnect the battery turn on your lights, reconnect the battery and see what how it runs?
mike_story   +1y
? Why would I trun on the lights after I disconet the battey! That makes no sence! The disconeting the battery dose but not the lights part! But I'll try anything! Lol
baha   +1y
LOL you turn on the lights just to make sure no more electricity is left in the system. I can't remember what part I think it's the capacitors sometimes store electricity and turning on the lights is a quick way to use up the remaining juice. Basically what you're doing is resetting the computer. If it runs fine for a little while like maybe a few minutes(maybe shorter) then goes back to running rough it's definitely a sensor.
mike_story   +1y
Well now that I can see and I have some day light the plug that goes to the air intake had fallen off I fell like a tard!! But thanks for the help
baha   +1y
Aha! j/k no problem glad you got it fixed man.
cable   +1y
for future reference I used to have the stock plastic intake tube running across the radiator over the fan,well the fan had rubbed a small hole in it,and it tried to die alot,put some tape over it and it was fine,I felt like such a retard,lol.glad you got it fixed
Page 1 of 1