Page 1 of 3
Yota Audio Video \  New Buckets installed need ideas

New Buckets installed need ideas

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 1793
replies 25
following 9

oldsking   +1y
Alright so I finished my install on my bucket seats, VERY easy! I got some integra seats and I couldn't be happier.. I couldn't get pics because it's night out but tomorrow I'll have them.

Now for a center console, I need some ideas and would like to see what yall have for set ups. I don't want to have to build one, maybe modify an existing but would like some pics of what has been done.
zip tyd   +1y
I can't wait for the pix. I'm sure it looks great!

If it were me I would make a center console. That way you can build what you want into it like switches, gauges, a stereo deck, amps, etc. Or just keep it clean and simple.
oldsking   +1y
Besides the fact that the seats are blue and my interior is grey it looks sweat! factory fit

Yeah if I can't find something that will work I might go custom and make it my way
smctoy   +1y
I bought a console out of a 95 4-runner & Im panning to install it after I get my new carpet kit put in. Its a great fit & looks great too. Ive also seen people use the console out of the Tacoma trucks & that looks good too.
oldsking   +1y
Ok I'm working ont eh pics but I'd like to get the whole interior when im done today I'm trying to mount some door speakers, how the heck does the handle come off for the window crank?! lol I thought it just pops off with some force, but I see like a retaining clip or something in mine?
idropdit (brandon)   +1y
yeah, there's a retaining clip in there. just grab some small needle nose pliers, or a flathead and try to pop it off without losing it.. then they'll just slide off the cranks.
edit: if they're manual windows!
oldsking   +1y
Yeah I gots it all worked out thanks bro! Now if this rain would stop I'd be good right now!
holcombe347   +1y
a good trick to get those off is to use a clean rag (so you dont dirty up your panels) and slide between the window crank and panel. then slide it back and fourth like your polishing a shoe. the rag will grab the clip and take it off. a lot of times the clip will stick to the rag or make it fall straight down.
zip tyd   +1y

or it fly away...never to be seen again. That's what happened to me when I used a rag.
nismorgan   +1y
I just installed my Nissan 240sx seats in my 88. I have to make a bracket for the bracket that attaches to the transmission tunnel. but they feel great, and I've done the bolster mod on em so it holds me in a lot tighter for when i feel like drifting and stuff. It feels so weird when i got rid of the bench. i actually have ROOM!