painting my dash?

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 6574
replies 29
following 11

no1lowr   +1y
all that work seth and you arattlecanned it, what a waste
3tcrob   +1y
Well it's not finished yet I still have to get my billet pull handles and window cranks and the crapet kit. I won't put the carpet in till I find the seats for my truck
twisted minis   +1y

Thanks.
vegasyota94   +1y
grade 8 bolts.. lol
i rattle canned my dash in my car a few years ago, and it looks great... sanded, primed,sanded,primed,painted,clear coated like 8 times..
nice shiny and smooth.
phatboislim   +1y
grade A bolts are for retards lmao

where are you getting your carpet kit from rob??

i still forgot to take pics of my seats in my truck, hopefully ill have the pics today
azminitrucker94   +1y
i just finished glassin/smoothing out a dash. . .
i started with 80 . . and some 120 through out. . bondoed and sanded. .
glazed. sanded. .primed . . sanded with 120 again. .then sprayed it in epoxy . blocked it with 220 . . .and thats as for as i ve done .
holcombe347   +1y
could you post up some pics of it? it sounds like thats what im aiming for...im leaving to go back to cali for a few weeks so i plan on starting to paint it when i get back. thanks in advance
azminitrucker94   +1y
after those steps. . i worked on it again last night. .i guide coated it and wet sanded it with . .500 . .next thing is spraying on some sealer . . then,l its ready for paint . its going a kandy red i dont know if my boss is painting it silver first.(i believe so, cause i hear you have to ,or should spray a silver before doing kandy paint)
i'll see if i can get the pics to work on here (dont know how to make them work, cause i've never tried)
the dash was for a 70 chevelle
one more thing . . i think we used poly primer the whole time. .
f n lo   +1y
i syou just clean it really well and use a adhesion promoter with a light scuff of 320 or 240 or w.e use ahigh build primer and put on a coulpe coats, a high build is usually a 2 part primer so be carefull what you get.... spray on your high build and that should get rid of the texture and them block it with 400 and paint it... biggest sugestion is to not use a rattle can if you dont have to... can make alot of work or a lot of time look like a 5 min job...IMO
holcombe347   +1y
well i finally started to paint my dash...im doing a couple of smaller test pieces first..got them sanded, primered, and painted. my only question was after i painted them and it dried the paint looks good a little glossy but it has a kind of a dull finish to it. i used a dupli-color medium charcoal gray metallic paint. can that be color sanded or something with like 2000 grit or should i get a can of clear coat and put it over top and color sand the clear if its still dull looking?