Page 2 of 7
Toyota Pickup Projects \  facelift

facelift

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 6046
replies 60
following 17

xtotalanarcoix   +1y
I'm glad to see people dig the cantilever through the notch shock setup, i almost scraped the idea because i didnt know if i was going to be able to finish it and get the frame in primer before this local show but i went ahead and knocked it out anyway and am really glad i did because i like the way it turned out. where the shock mounts to the frame is probably getting moved soon though as i have a few long travel shocks that i feel would better fit this application.
kdcgrohl   +1y
Cool build. I like the shocks too. Are there bearings in the frame or urethane bushings?
layin22ʹs   +1y
nice man i like it.
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
i was to afraid of urethane melting while i was welding so i went steel bearings.
dubvipers   +1y
i like your damper location also. would love that shock setup
zip tyd   +1y
That looks sweet.
truck action   +1y
Looks very cool !!!
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
last night it turned on for the first time in months AND i drove it! It was a great feeling seeing it move again hahaha. I will try to get a camera sometime soon an take some pics of it. It still has some work before its done but it is well on its way at this point, the frame and body still both need paint.
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
it feels good to be driving it again. Changed the shocks to long travels and also changed the mounting location a bit for a better angle, got the compressor and gas tank mounted and all wired up. I have started on shaving the bed, the tail lights are also going to go as soon as i get some LEDs or something to replace them with, and i have also started building the new bed floor. i want to finish the bed and other body work so that i can paint the frame and body at the same time and not have to strip the truck down twice since i blew the motor in my off road truck and this is now my DD

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
the framing for the bed floor is coming along slowly but surely. I'm still debating whether to have the sheet metal above the front body mounts come diagonally from the top of the bed of to make a smooth and cleaner version of what is there now. I also still need to go cut a gas door off of something but i haven't decided what kind yet.