Page 5 of 7
Toyota Pickup Projects \  facelift

facelift

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 6048
replies 60
following 17

xtotalanarcoix   +1y
Thanks, its great to feel like the truck is finally getting somewhere. There is still plenty of body work to be done to the bed and body before its ready for paint but its always motivating to see some real progress. The hinge for the gas door sat right where the tallest part of the filler neck is so I had to cut the gas door off, just need to move some stuff around and weld it back on.
baha   +1y
I love gooooooooooooooold!

I love it man especially the gold flake! Are you going to add any gold flake to the final paint? I think that would look pretty cool!
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
there probably wont be any flake on the body but there will we gold paint.
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
looks like its time for a few updates.

here is a picture from Minitruckin's West Coast Nats coverage where you can see my new headlights! I also shaved the antenna a few days ago.

thread post photo

thread post photo
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
took everything apart.....
Cut everything out and body dropped the cab to the pinch. More to come.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
A pic of some of the filler plates being welded in and a rear shot. I also got the hood closed today, just threw the fender on for the picture. Its tucking a lot more rim!

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
Finished welding the firewall and all the other sheet metal back together. Put seam sealer on everything and sprayed the fender wells with rubberized undercoating. Finally gave in and decided to put front shocks on the truck while I had it all apart as well. Put everything back together and took it around the block a few times. The bed is done with it's mods but I am waiting on a new fuel cell before I put it back on.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
I also built a new battery box and relocated it forward a bit. I also moved all the usual suspects, fuse box, evap, air box etc...

thread post photo

thread post photo
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
sorry for the quality this update is cell phone only pictures. Put most of the dash back, the gold looks amazing in person I'm really happy how it turned out. I will likely pull the black parts back out and paint them the Lexus metallic black that is on the frame. Changed the leds over to bright white so i can see the gauges through the tint, looks pretty trick. I also got the new fuel cell situated and pumping so now i just need to deal with making a new gas door on the bed.
I'm still looking for a wood grain Lexus steering wheel so if anyone has a line on one of those please let me know

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
there were a few flakes sitting up that I hadnt noticed so I pulled out the entire dash, wet sanded it and shot it with clear again so that it feels like glass all around. Also shot all the black parts with the metallic black and put it all back together. Changed over to a black carpet to go with the new interior look, and now I need to give the doors and back wall a make over. Also took out the head liner and replaced the cheap sound deadenr with some rammatt and re did the head liner with a black on black woodgrain that looks great in person.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo