Page 2 of 14
Toyota Pickup Projects \  not-so-sleeper

not-so-sleeper

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 15163
replies 130
following 21

holeshot03   +1y
Looks sweet bro. I have the same saturn seats in my truck. But they have been reshaped a little and rerapped. Keep up the work.
holeshot03   +1y
Oh and you may want to but a new distributor on it or a msd one. Because the lt1 have some problem with them. Oh and I may have a pic of my dads old 86 street truck toyota around it had a tilt front end.
macdave06   +1y

already got one and a new water pump. It's not that theres a problem with the radiator itself or the water pump, its the placement. if the pump leaks it leaks right on the distributor. I'll be switching later to a coil on plug system that gets its signal from the optispark, so theres only a low voltage signal coming from the distributor. There's also sealed billet distributors but the coil on plug system is superior in the top end.
v8mazda4ever   +1y
looks good so far bro how about some more pics
macdave06   +1y
I have a bunch of the suspension work on my phone and stuff, but no way to get em from the phone to my computer. I need to bum a digital camera.
macdave06   +1y
right now I'm steering clear of the tilt nose, just because I want to get the truck together. I am putting a removable bar on the radiator support though, so the motor and trans can go in and out as a unit.
Today I gutted the interior so I can cut the tunnel and firewall out... NOT FUN. I havent gotten the AC/heater unit out yet but I'm gettin there. Sometime this week the body should be on the frame again, after about a year.
macdave06   +1y
AC/Heater unit is out. It may go back in down the road, but for now I'm not gonna hassle with all the trimming and such. I think I'm gonna build a sheetmetal dash to give it a cleaner look and also save a little weight over the tons of plastic and bracing. It'll also make it easier to remove as one piece rather than like 15. I'm not sure whether I'm gonna use aluminum or steel. Depends how lazy I am.
macdave06   +1y
motors cleaning up nice. painted it gloss black, with hammer finish black on the valve covers and brackets. I just did a new MSD cap and rotor on the distributor, and tomorrow I should be able to get the plugs gapped, put in, and new red taylor wires installed. Then its on to the water pump and the motor will be basically ready to go in.

I gotta get the motor back on the frame again before I put the body on so I can build my alternator bracket. Since I have no power steering or AC for now, it's cheaper and better looking to just do a low mount alternator bracket than pay for pullies to use the stock ugly bracketry
macdave06   +1y
PICTURES FINALLYYY

Random pics of the front setup
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Front coils
thread post photo

motor mounts, transdapt I think
thread post photo

Motor
thread post photo