Page 12 of 14
Toyota Pickup Projects \  not-so-sleeper

not-so-sleeper

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 15192
replies 130
following 21

macdave06   +1y
I've decided against using the engine oil cooler. I've heard too many bad stories of them getting clogged or leaking and it really isnt neccesary. I'm gonna order a new trans only cooler and possibly mount it under the transmission rather than up front. I got side tracked today and started mocking up the intake and the alternator.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

I think I finally found a spot where I can fit the alternator and tension the belt the traditional way, rather than making up brackets for an idler and tensioner.
I still have to clearance a little more for the header so I can install it, and be sure it's gonna clear the alternator too, cause its pretty close to the flange.
macdave06   +1y
Time for an update. Haven't been doin alot of picture taking so theres only a few shots but here's what I've been doin

alternator:
m
one
thread post photo

both
disasse
thread post photo

trans cooler:

ri

mo
thread post photo

hose ro
macdave06   +1y
Oh got a new toy today too.

thread post photo
macdave06   +1y
So I've been thinkin lately that the front of this beast needs a facelift. I've narrowed it down to using a tacoma bumper and I think I'm gonna modify a 2wd or 4wd steel valance to fit it. When it comes to the headlight and grille I was thinkin about using 96 4 runner headlights and building a grille, and then I came up with this idea.

thread post photo

Tryin to decide if I like the look or not. What do you guys think?
krazedprof   +1y
good looking project it might look cool with the dual lights
macdave06   +1y
thread post photo

sneak peek
cable   +1y
looks good man!!!
macdave06   +1y
I cut off the coilover brackets from the rear a few days ago and welded in new ones flipped to get her a little lower. My only problem is now with that lower stance my lower bars are at too much of an angle so I'm probably gonna have to change out the axle tabs to get the bars level. Oh well though I was never really happy with the way I set those up anyway.
macdave06   +1y
lucked out today at pnp. I snagged an lsd third member out of an 89 supra. Now to find some 4.10s...