Page 11 of 14
Toyota Pickup Projects \  not-so-sleeper

not-so-sleeper

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 15190
replies 130
following 21

baha   +1y
how much do you have to cut for the exhaust?
macdave06   +1y
Probably have to be about 3/4 to an inch. Hard to tell for sure cause obviously it wont fit but that looks like what its gonna need. I might not even need to notch the entire height of the frame but I figured better to be safe than sorry.
baha   +1y
Sorry if I missed it but you're running the factory Toyota axle right? Do you know how much power they can handle? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to swap mine out. My goal is roughly 300hp max, so it isn't that much but I figured you would be one to ask since you have a small block.
macdave06   +1y
I saw a guy on youtube that ran a 2jz (I think?) truck into the 9s with an 8" rear end and a trd limited slip. Thats what I got in mine. It's a 4 cylinder 8" rather than the stock 7.5". The turbo/v6 8" would be better.
baha   +1y
Thanks man I'll have to see what size mine is, but that definitely gives me hope of using the stock one.
baha   +1y
Nice! I'm lovin it
macdave06   +1y
Finalized the mounts last night. Should be posting up pics tonight if I get it together after work.
macdave06   +1y
So I started workin on that notch again today for the header. AAAAALMOST fits. I ended up hackin the ear off that side of the transmission to turn the flange 90 degrees on the header. Now I have to trim a little more out of the inside of the frame and shes in. Then it's on to welding in new plates inside the frame.