Page 10 of 14
Toyota Pickup Projects \  not-so-sleeper

not-so-sleeper

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 15193
replies 130
following 21

macdave06   +1y
anybody here good with electrical? Somethin in my geo smoked and I have no dash lights or running lights but the rest of the lights work. The multi switch works and the relay kicks on. What else could cause the whole circuit to go?
macdave06   +1y
got the shifter half way installed today. I thought I was gonna be able to just fill the old hole in the floor and bolt the shifter through it but its wayyy too flimsy. So what I ended up doing is making a shifter mount/floor brace and plug welding it to the underside of the tunnel. I'm gonna go through next and weld a patch in the cutout from the shifter hole

thread post photo

thread post photo

also painted the valve covers a different color to see which I should go with. I think theyre goin silver
thread post photo
baha   +1y
I like the silver. That's good you made the shifter mount more solid. You will be able to use it to hold on! lol
macdave06   +1y
i mounted it with sheetmetal screws first just to see how it would hold up and it felt like I was gonna pull it through the floor. I dont think toyota ever planned for there to be a floor mount shifter.
baha   +1y
Or a V8 in that truck It would be sweet if you posted some videos when you get it running!
macdave06   +1y
oh believe me when it gets to that point there will be all sorts of videos
macdave06   +1y
Had to add a little rigidity to the floor. I'll probably use it as the base to my console also. I think I'm gonna go through and weld in nuts on the bottom side in the front in rear like the mount, rather than having sheetmetal screws
thread post photo

Plating the outside of the frame before i notch out the inside for exhaust. I'm still trying to decide how I wanna go about that part.
thread post photo
smctoy   +1y
progress looks great!
macdave06   +1y
Got the plate tacked on and plug welded to the frame then my tank ran out of gas. I gotta go tomorrow or wednesday and see if I can get it filled out at Airgas
thread post photo