Page 1 of 14
Toyota Pickup Projects \  not-so-sleeper

not-so-sleeper

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 15136
replies 130
following 21

macdave06   +1y
been workin on this for about a year or so, as far as the motor swap is concerned.

This was actually my first car. My dad was the original owner and he gave it to me when I got my license.

I started modifying it with an FBI lexan window cause it had a camper and no rear window.
Next came a roll pan, tail lights, 4wd sheetmetal, exhaust.. and so on.
and I ended up with this.
thread post photo

thread post photo

had 2 10s behind the bench and that made for back aches.

after rockin the bench with a $110 cover(plan ahead) I decided to switch to buckets which I pulled from a saturn. they fit the front bolt holes. after that I also redid the dash.

thread post photo

thread post photo

I was pretty satisfied with where I was at but the power just wasnt doing it for me, it was a pain just tryin to get on the freeway. I originally looked intp doing a 4.3 v6 but realized that would take the same effort as a v8 so I opted for an LT-1 350 out of a caprice.

thread post photo

Had it in. couldnt fit the tranny, so I decided to go with a 2 inch body lift rather than sacrificing my heater core trying to cut the tunnel.

thread post photo

right now its at a buddies house, with the body off and I'm working on the front suspension. full coilovers. the rear I've already done a 4 link and coilover setup.

hopefully I'll get pics of that soon.
feel free if you have questions
baha   +1y
bad ass man! it may just be the pictures but it looks like you have a pretty good amount of rooom. Did you have to cut the firewall any?
macdave06   +1y
i only ran into issues with the trans tunnel. since the lt1 has a front mounted distributor i didnt have the usual problem with the distributor.
diabolic kustoms   +1y
any pics from the side with the body lift?
macdave06   +1y
the body is still off. should be equivalent to about a two inch drop
dcups   +1y
post up some pics of the coilover setup....
dcups   +1y
Also liking the black dash
macdave06   +1y

thanks.

next time I have access to the camera I'll go snap some pics of the suspension. its a triangulated 4-link from FBI and a QA1 universal coilover kit. I'm wishin now that I would've done a parallel 4 link
macdave06   +1y
I've decided against doing a body lift. Hopefully I dont have to move too much shit around behind the dash.
macdave06   +1y
after not posting in this forever and actually doing work. the frame work is done! got a rolling chassis again. now its onto fuel lines and brake line mods and then I get to hack the front clip and the fire wall on the cab to get the trans to fit and get the motor in easy. I may end up with a full tilt nose. If anybody has done a tilt nose on a toy before let me know. I'm trying to figure out whether I should tilt the bumper with it or what it would take to get the front end around it.