Page 1 of 7
Toyota Pickup Projects \  my new yota project

my new yota project

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 7794
replies 66
following 15

granth   +1y
Just posting some pictures to show the beginning, I hope this will get moving pretty quickly. I have a shipment of parts coming, and it should finalize my kit other than fittings. I may be having new image customs doing the work down in baton rouge louisiana. We will have to ee how it all works out.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

its at a mechanics shop right now for some work to get it running. he thinks the carb needed just some tuning, and the gas tank screen needed replaing and the tank be rinsed/cleaned. should know more by wednesday.
nismorgan   +1y
what year is that, it kinda looks like my 88 except for the bed. thats a little different.
granth   +1y
its a japanese built 85. whats different about your 88?
nismorgan   +1y
theres a lip on your bed, on mine its just a flat side until the top. the interior looks pretty much the same other than your seats, mine are vinyl. and the front bumper looks a little different. and those rims....are those stock!!! i wish my truck came with em. But your truck looks to be in pretty good shape. did you find it like that, or was it yours to begin with?
granth   +1y
its been in our family since new, nothing has been done to it other than a tonneau that is no longer on it. The bumper is stock, may be getting an NOS chrome though, straight from the factory, same with a driver fender and front brake parts ALL OEM. none of that part store crap.
granth   +1y
its been in our family since new, nothing has been done to it other than a tonneau that is no longer on it. The bumper is stock, may be getting an NOS chrome though, straight from the factory, same with a driver fender and front brake parts ALL OEM. none of that part store crap.
twisted minis   +1y
Get that bumper soon. They stop making new parts for this bodystyle this year. So once the NOS runs out, its gone forever just like my truck. As far as factory stuff goes. Dude at Toyota said they only produce parts for 20 years tops after a bodystyle stops production.

What happened to the thread on SSM? I went looking for it, couldn't find it. Was trying to see what was up with the wishbone.
granth   +1y
i deleted it. one too many stupid comments yet again from that forum. ive said my share, but i have held my tongue for a while over there. it wont get reposted.

i dont think i am going to use the wishbone. without the truck here it looks like it doesnt have enough clearance for the third member. ohwell.
kdcgrohl   +1y
do you still have to pay to post over a certain number of times per day/week/month over there? I never did really like that place.
twisted minis   +1y
Yes you do.

Would it be possible to put a brake in the middle of that link to make it clear the third member? Then it would just take a few filler pieces, instead of two straight ones.