Page 2 of 3
Ranger Engine \  Civic Air Intake

Civic Air Intake

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 4646
replies 27
following 7

the twanksta   +1y
basically, takes like 2 min on top of the uninstall of the stock crap...
bodydropped85   +1y
not a dircet bolt on but close.
blackranger93   +1y
and its safe for rainy conditions? b/c it rains here frequently.
the twanksta   +1y
Well do you have fenders up front?? My truck is basically stock as far as the engine compartment goes no cutting or ne thing, so if you havent cut ne thing then its perfectly safe, i live in FL it rans here everyday practically. If you look at the pics i posted you can see that there is either metal or plastic around it...there are holes in the front of the truck where the air comes from that the old air box used to hook up to, so its still getting air.
blackranger93   +1y
so you just took out the old air box?
and does it matter what year the civic intake is???

I'm deff. gonna buy one. Is there anymore good mods to do to a 4banger? that are affordable?
the twanksta   +1y
Well at first a bought a Kurtz Kustoms air intake for it, but it stayed on top of the gnine almost still(short ram i guess you could say) and I removed the entire air box from the truck from the actual intake all the way to the intake tube for the air box.
This is the first intake i had...
thread post photo

Heres the stock intake box and tubing I took out...

most of the civic intakes are all the same but just in case I got it off of a 1994 Honda Civic Del Sol with a 1.5L,, the engine size may make a diff. so I would go with that one...you can get one for like $15 on ebay, just type in "honda del sol cold air", (heres one that will work..
You will only need the top aluminum peice, filter and hardware.You can just use my pictures as referance when you do it. Glad I could help!LATER!
bodydropped85   +1y
hey twanksta wana do a write up?
the twanksta   +1y
Is there a certain spot for the write-ups? never done one before so...and a write-up is a step by step instruction right?
the twanksta   +1y
But yeah Ill try to do one...
bodydropped85   +1y
no just about putting one on and what is needed for it to work, ill do the pre mass air part and u can do the mass air one and well combine em and make it a tech article. prob get a free sticker or sumthin