Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  fuel delivery issue

fuel delivery issue

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1089
replies 3
following 2

projectranger   +1y
well heres the problem im bagging my truck and purchasing a fuel cell for my 95 2.3 ranger long bed and was wondering if i need a new sending unit or wat? and if there are some legit cells small enough to hide cause most im finding are gonna have to sit in the bed and i need it under...
thank, zac
baha   +1y
You can use the factory pump assembly for the fuel cell basically you cut it out of the old tank, and screw it to the top of the fuel cell with a gasket in between. They make gasket material you can make the gasket out of. Be sure the fuel cell is deep enough, you can shorten the pump pickup and return if need be. Once you take it out you will see what I mean.

Another option is running an external pump, if you go this route you need to make sure it pumps to the correct psi. It's been a long time since I've messed with the fuel cell on my Ranger but I believe the psi was 55, but you should double check that.

Another thing I want to mention is your tank is probably plastic but in the earlier Rangers the tanks were made of metal, which would be better if you go the stock fuel pump assembly route.
projectranger   +1y
Yea i definetly want to go with a metal one so i can kinda hide it and possibly do some air brushing but thanks for the advice im gonna look in my manual about that psi.
baha   +1y
Do you have any pictures of the fuel cell you are looking to buy? I put a RCI Streetrod one on my Ranger.
Page 1 of 1