Page 3 of 15
Mazda Projects \  87 B2600 Ford 302 Build

87 B2600 Ford 302 Build

Mazda Projects
views 32958
replies 142
following 17

anguswilly   +1y
If you are using the EFI, it really helps to use a tall manifold spacer to clear the heater core hoses by the top plenum.
crazycracker   +1y

Can you be more specific, like with application or part number? Mustang's been around for 50 years with more than a dozen different engine applications and Mazda B series has 3 different engines in this year range I think.
anguswilly   +1y
OK, all B2200 use the exact same mount.

The mustang mount is from a 92 5.0 we are talking about using a 5.0 HO block right?

I don't know the part #s
crazycracker   +1y

Oh I have a B2600 so I can't reuse those mounts, but just get a parts store motor mount for similar year B2200. The 92 5.0 mount, is that for a regular car or for a convertible? It looks like different mounts (on autozone webpage). The block I am using is actually an 88 but I think they are all pretty much the same at least where the motor mount goes.
izulowtoo   +1y
im using a 5.0 out of a mid 80s f150 but the mounting on the motor should be the same right? so ur saying use the mazda mount on the on the frame and the mustang on the block for the pass side and mustang on the frame and block on the drivers side correct?
anguswilly   +1y
That's how I did it, I found I had to shim it a little on the one side - if I really had it to do again, I might really consider building brackets for the block and using a mount that was as thin as possible and maybe more compact, like a 240SX mount maybe?

Two advantages there, 1) you can get the motor lower, 2) you can use a mount where aftermarket upgrades are easily available.
anguswilly   +1y

You'll need the brackets for a 87-91 mustang and I am quite sure I was using hardtop mounts.
capri347   +1y
convertible mounts sit lower than standard mounts...i know this from where i built my mustang and capri
jc50942   +1y
or you can do an SBC and use your mazda mounts and just have to move them forward...chevy>ford..
sincitylocal   +1y

I always get a kick out of brand loyalty.
I play devil's advocate, no matter which side you're on!