Page 5 of 15
Mazda Projects \  87 B2600 Ford 302 Build

87 B2600 Ford 302 Build

Mazda Projects
views 32959
replies 142
following 17

crazycracker   +1y
Before I pull & get rid of the engine, let me know if any of you need any 2.6 parts.
crazycracker   +1y
I have some questions for those of you with the SBF in your Mazda.

1. Did you move the battery to the passenger side, or leave it on the drivers side?
2. Did you use the Ford power steering pump (on drivers side) and reroute the hoses?
3. How did you do the A/C compressor?
sincitylocal   +1y
The battery should already be on the passenger side.
crazycracker   +1y

No, in an 87 B2600 the battery is on the drivers side.
anguswilly   +1y

But I bet you can just take the tray out of a 2200 and bolt it in.
crazycracker   +1y

Well the A/C drier is on the passenger side along with some other crap like the power steering reservoir and overflow tank (all things that belong on the drivers side btw). I don't want to mess with the A/C stuff but I can move the rest and make room for the battery. I'd like to see more engine bay pics of people with the 302 conversion to get an idea of where they put everything.
clteta   +1y
awesome project mate Ive got a 88 B2000 running a 302 Windsor with tunnel ram and 5 speed supra box and she goes really well and have a lot of fun with her. I used 77 Fairlaine engine mounts straight of cross member and you have to get rid of ac gear as that where the radiator and fans go and diff is out of a mitsi L300 van LSD and running for 2years and had no issues

gd luck on conversion and look forward to watching your progress
post photo
crazycracker   +1y

Thanks man, yours look pretty sweet! I'd really like to keep the A/C, if anybody has done the 302 swap and kept the original working air conditioning I'd love to see what/how they did it.
anguswilly   +1y

Any more details on your truck? in particular, the bell housing used to mate the supra tranny (w58?) to the 302 and also more info the the Diff, did you use the whole axle assy or just the diff pumpkin?
crazycracker   +1y
Add "shift linkage" to the already-long list of things that were designed on the wrong side of this truck!