turbo V8, ultimate b2200 conversion, "Stranger". Final pics

Mazda Projects
views 88076
replies 399
following 51

paparoach1983   +1y
Vids would be cool
mtrain   +1y

Not yet. Its been blocked in the garage by my latest project, "Devil Horse".

thread post photo

I've just recently got Devil Horse up and moving. Here is a run down on that car.

Its an 80 Mustang with a 351w with Eldebrock Vic heads, and intake, fairly large hyd roller cam, with a .600 lift.

thread post photo

I have a 427w that will go into it, but not for a while.

The suspension is where most of the $$$$ is at. I've got a Maximum Motorsport, heavy duty torque arm, and Fays 2 Watts link, along with race Bilstein coil over front shocks, and Koni's rear, along with welding, and bracing the tubes on the 8.8, and a diff cover with main cap support.
Note: Those upper arms are gone as you can't run them with a torque arm.
thread post photo

Torque arm
thread post photo

Watts link.
thread post photo

Interior with leather seats from a T-bird.
thread post photo
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
never seen an 80s stang with wide body on it. more exterior pics please
mymmeryloss   +1y
Damn that mustang is pissed off looking!

Not a ford fan but that looks interesting!
fdimeroller   +1y
front headlights look like the old integra

that thing is gonna be sick
baha   +1y
We would love to see another build thread!
lowlyfe   +1y
I agree on another buld thread. These are a couple of projects you don't see everyday and they can truely be appreciated. Your work speaks for itself!
mtrain   +1y
Well guys I have been pretty busy on the Mustang, but I have did an update on the truck to make it drivable.

I had an MSD 6al on both the Mustang and the truck. The Mustang isn't boosted..yet, while the truck is, and the truck has the timing locked out.

Well I burned up the 6al in the Mustang so I was getting ready to send it in to be repaired when I saw a new MSD box that was, both programmable, and reasonably priced. So I pulled the new 6al off the truck and put it into the Mustang, and just ordered the new ign box.

Its the MSD 6530, and it features start retard so I don't need the extra box I had on my truck.

Here is an article on the newish box.......
mtrain   +1y
I started a build thread on project, "Devil horse" on a Mustang forum.

Here is the link, or I can make a new thread here, and copy/paste from the other forum.

I will tell you that I have done a ton of custom work on the car since my last post here.

Moved the whole front suspension forward about 4 inches, chopped the top about 4 inches, welded the hatch shut [makes the car less flexible], extended the rear fiberglass quarters to the end of the taillights so that it doesn't look unfinished like they did originally.

mtrain   +1y
Looks like I will have to buy new valve springs as the engine starts to break up around 5k rpms, and 20psi of boost.

I NEVER knew this, BUT if your running boost you have to run heavier valve springs to compensate for the boost.

I didn't take that into consideration when I built the engine so, looks like I will be taking the heads, and all back off to change the springs...........Oh, the fun never stops.