threads
Page 3 of 47
Mazda Projects \  Project: Lil Red (Bagged & V8 88' B2200)

Project: Lil Red (Bagged & V8 88' B2200)

Mazda Projects
views 138563
replies 464
following 70

98layinframe   +1y
lookin good mike. Can you take a close up pic of the lower balljoint angle when the suspension is fully compressed and layed out? I was wondering if we could pie cut the lower arm and angle the joint some more to give more arm clearance or if the balljoint is close to being maxed out as it is now.
kovz   +1y
I didn't realize you were a member on here, Dave. Yeah I'll put the spindle back on one of these nights this week and take a picture for you.
I'm free on Saturday and/or Sunday if you want to come over and help me work on it, hehe.
kovz   +1y
Weekend progress...

The fiance cleaning the frame rails with a wire wheel cup on an angle grinder. She doesn't mind getting a little dirty
thread post photo

The rear has a 4-link setup with bag over axle that was previously installed by someone else before I started working on this truck.
thread post photo

I had a friend come over with his plasma cutter. Decided to notch the frame rails so the bag doesn't rub. Using 225/45/17's (25" overall diameter), stock spindles, pie cut uppers, flipped BJ on the lower. Running the bag closer to the frame will allow for more lift too. Mocked everything up and it fits. Just need to weld the bag plates in and plate the frame that was cut out to reinforce it.
thread post photo

I made some brackets for the air compressors. My welding is getting better, still a beginner.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

I'm going to mount these brackets inside the frame rails, behind the axle.
thread post photo

Look for more progress to come this weekend. I hope to have the front bag mounts finally in there. Thanks for checking my thread. Keep on truckin!
98layinframe   +1y
So im just "someone else" now? *sniff sniff* this someone else you care to not mention mainly only did the welding while I wasnt there... Looking back I wish that hadnt been the case.
kovz   +1y

Lol, I didn't know how much you were involved in working on it. That makes sense though.
Ok, gotta give a shout out to my friend Dave for helping build this truck too. He's the mini truckin' guru
kovz   +1y
Made some more progress on the truck today.

I put together the valves and fittings for the front bags
thread post photo

Installed the water traps on the tank
thread post photo

Me welding in the compressor brackets to the frame
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Mocking up how the compressors will be hooked up
thread post photo

Removed part of the dash to install the switches and gauges.
thread post photo

thread post photo

I need to relocate the CD player under the HVAC vents, but not sure how to make it fit without cutting the air duct. Any suggestions?
I got the back of the frame degreased and prepped with a metal prep solution so I can paint it soon, then run all the wires and airlines.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
did you use any sealant on those fittings?
kovz   +1y

Yes sir, Locktite 545. Best thread sealant out there. Works way better and easier than tape in my opinion. I never have a problem with leaks when I used it. My s10 can stay aired up for months and not lose any pressure.

Helpful comparison of tape vs. paste
skrapinsask   +1y
good to see some one else using air dryers/water traps!
kovz   +1y

Definitely man. I use a York EDC on my S10 and it collects so much oil and water before going into the tank. I drain the tank once a season or so, but the water traps definitely help reduce water getting in there.