threads
Page 2 of 47
Mazda Projects \  Project: Lil Red (Bagged & V8 88' B2200)

Project: Lil Red (Bagged & V8 88' B2200)

Mazda Projects
views 138564
replies 464
following 70

kovz   +1y
Does anyone have a picture of the passenger side of the engine bay with emissions stuff removed? We are putting a Weber carb on and I'm not sure what I can remove.
Once I figure out what stays and goes, I can cut the inner fender on that side.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
just about everything over there can be removed, theres a huge wiring harness the comes through the fire wall on that side. any and all things that wiring harness goes to can be removed, you can also removed the ecm and its wiring, its useless with a weber.
kovz   +1y
Cool! Thanks for the help, Andrew.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
no problem, trucks coming along.
kovz   +1y
The project continues! Had a few buddies from my club come out to the house on Saturday. We worked on the truck for about 12 hours! Got a lot done, but I realized this project is going to take a hell of a lot more work to finish.

Trying to get it to lay on 17's with a 45 series tire and no drop spindles... Went to test fit the Slam RE6 bags, and realized with no drop spindles, the angle of the upper bag plate is going to be very high. In order for the bag to sit right, the frame is going to need to be sectioned to fit the bag without rubbing. Otherwise the lower bag plate is so far out, it covers the ball joint bracket. Hence why this project just got so much more complicated...

Anyways, for the updates from this weekend. First got a bunch of the emissions crap out of the way to cut the passenger fender. Also removed the stock carb and installed the Weber. We got it running and idling, but it needs tuned. I'm going to have some other friends over who know what they are doing with carbs. They can tell me what I can keep and get rid of too.
thread post photo

Relocated the air tank from inside the bed to between the frame rails in the back.
thread post photo

thread post photo

Had to pie cut the uppers, cut a lot more of the inner fender out, AND notch the drivers side upper so it didn't hit the steering column. I need to cut more out of the passenger side fender still.

jrock4224   +1y
i like your floor of garage is that the rustoleum stuff? mazda loks tight...i must say the s 10 withthe blazer composites lookstight and i like the 18's...one more thing your girlfrined wears some skinny jeans...holy crap those are tight....left of pic on a rear end shot..
rotten   +1y
dope dood. i did my air tank in the same place.. keep on grindin!
col. sanders   +1y
Trucks really coming along. Do you know what jets are in the Weber? It seems that a lot of people are having a tough time tuning them while some others just bolt and go.
kovz   +1y

Thanks! Well it's the 32/36 model. Hoping once a couple buddies come tinker with it, they can get it tuned properly. Right now the truck runs and idles, so that's a start!
kovz   +1y
Got a couple more hours in today. Finished cutting the passenger side out. Had to remove more of the inner fender.
Pie cut both upper control arms and the driver side one is notched to clear the steering column.

Next step is to notch the frame so the bags don't rub. Laying out on 17's with 45 series tire and no drop spindles is a pain in the ass.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo