threads
Page 5 of 47
Mazda Projects \  Project: Lil Red (Bagged & V8 88' B2200)

Project: Lil Red (Bagged & V8 88' B2200)

Mazda Projects
views 138566
replies 464
following 70

kovz   +1y

Lol, alright, I'll get some pics this weekend of the work I get done. Hope to have this ready for a show in the beginning of October, so lots of work to do before then!
kovz   +1y
Finished wiring and plumbing today.

thread post photo

thread post photo

Used the wireway track to hide the wires and airline in. Nice and clean.
thread post photo

Relocated the stereo headunit under the vents and wired up all the switches in the dash.
thread post photo

Drivers side front rail is ready for paint. Actually I have to weld in a shock mount first.
thread post photo

Found a hole in the floor from rust. Going to have to cut that out. Damn.
thread post photo
70_boosted   +1y
damn nice work bud, i know i may not have the same taste in the "truck" category, but i like the work being done, behind the shine! couple questions tho that possibly you can help answer. With your bottom bag plate, did you weld it flat to the control arm? or you leave a gap? im trying to figure out exactly how to do mine so i can get mine in place...only thing keeping me from final fab work on the front of my frame, is getting that same kit welded to my subframe.
kovz   +1y
Thanks! I welded the lower bag plate directly to the LCA. It was not gapped at all. I'll get a picture of the bag fully compressed next time I work on it. It compresses perfectly straight.
kovz   +1y
Made some good progress tonight thanks to my friend Joe for stopping out to lend a hand. Spent about 6 hours on the truck today. Things just take a lot longer than anticipated.

Some remaining things to get done before it's drivable for the show:
-Add front shocks
-Clean and paint front suspension parts, front frame horns, and frame rails.
-Patch floor
-Add gauges
-Mount battery and hook up
-Remove emissions crap & tune engine
-Paint front calipers
-Flare bedside to clear wheels/tires

First I cut the rusted out portion of the floor board on the drivers side. Fred Flintstones style
thread post photo

Finished the passenger side bag brackets
thread post photo

Re-ran the exhaust to raise it up above the frame
thread post photo

thread post photo
kovz   +1y
Got the gauges mounted in a piece of acrylic.

thread post photo

And welded in a battery tray. I know it doesn't look great right now, but it will clean up nice when everything is washed and painted. It's removable too, because the two pieces of sheetmetal I welded it too are bolted on. It's nice and sturdy. I can put all my body weight on it and it doesn't flex at all.

thread post photo

Had a friend get me some 3"x3" (3/16" thick) angle from work that I'm going to make shock brackets for the front similar to these:

Thankfully haven't had to pay for any metal yet on this project. I've had friends hook me up from grabbing scrap metal from work! Saves me $40 from buying them pre-made.
kovz   +1y
Was tuning the new Weber carb tonight and all of a sudden the engine started knocking really bad. Time for an engine swap. Any suggestions on what's easy to put in and affordable?
elbine69   +1y
FE3 from a sportage bolts right in. Hardest part of that swap is the wiring.
slamsonthedawgmaster   +1y
LT1 v8.. it'll fit under the hood with a bodydrop :D
dat dood   +1y

A lesson I learned long ago: Definition of "Bolt-on parts": holes already drilled, doesn't necessarily mean they fit. lol