threads
Page 1 of 47
Mazda Projects \  Project: Lil Red (Bagged & V8 88' B2200)

Project: Lil Red (Bagged & V8 88' B2200)

Mazda Projects
views 138479
replies 464
following 70

kovz   +1y
My fiance has an 88' B2200, that she bought back in 2006. A friend of hers bagged the back of it with a 4-link a few years ago, but never got around to doing the front. I just started working on the front last week. A little progress here and there on the weekends. Eventually we'd like to get it laid out on eskies. No BD in the future. Not even sure if we'll keep the truck and make it a fully finished show truck, or if we will try to sell it after it's bagged. Just taking one step at a time. We are saving for our wedding next June and house projects take priority of the truck.

Just creating a thread to get some advice or constructive criticism from you guys. Here's what we have so far.

The truck back in 2007:
thread post photo

2009/2010:
thread post photo

thread post photo

So far we got the front torn apart and cut the bump stops off. Next step is to modify the lower control arms to flip the ball joint and cut the radius of the arm so it doesn't bottom out on the frame.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
Post was last edited on Mar 15, 2013 07:03. This post has been edited 3 times.
kovz   +1y
I have a bagged S10 that was my first truck I learned about bagging on. I had a friend help with the welding on it and really showed me the ropes. Since then, I've bought a welder and taught myself how to mig weld. A bit more fabricating on the Mazda's, but I'm looking forward to doing a truck by myself this time, and not rely as much on friends to help.
Hopefully I take what I learned from the S10 and apply it to her truck to make it even better!

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
Post was last edited on Mar 15, 2013 07:03. This post has been edited 2 times.
mazdadropped   +1y
nice s10 looks sexy what size rims
kovz   +1y

Thanks! Just 18's on the S10. I am not putting any more money into that truck. It's "done" in my book. I'm either going to keep that or this Mazda. Just depends how far I want to go with this truck and if I like it better, lol.
baha   +1y
I see you have a thing for red trucks lol I like them both man. They are both pretty clean. Are you going to take the rest of the decal off the fenders? That's throwing me off lol

I vote keep the mazda
kovz   +1y

Thanks! Yeah, we both love red, lol. We both had our trucks before we met. That's actually how we met!

Haha, I figured most on here will say keep the Mazda! I am leaning that way. The S10 was my pride and joy though, bought it in 2003... it's my baby! But S10's are too cookie cutter, too many of them at shows. That's why I really like the reg. cab Mazda. It's different, but they are getting popular too.

The decal on the fender was painted on... don't know who did that... . But it will be gone when the truck is eventually repainted.
kovz   +1y
Got a little more work done today. Progress is slow because house projects take priority.

Got the lower control arms all cut and ready to weld the bag bracket to it. The upper bag plate is ready to be welded in as well.

thread post photo
mazdaman82   +1y
looking good man ... makes me want to sale some sh*t off and get me a truck again
kovz   +1y
Made some more progress this weekend.

Test fitting the wheel to see if she'll lay out.
thread post photo

Cut the inner fender out on the driver side. Still need to do the passenger side when I figure out what I can remove for putting a weber carb on.
thread post photo

Had to modify the crappy FBI bumper brackets so the 4runner bumper would fit better. I hate buying junk that doesn't fit like it's suppose to!
thread post photo
toddluck   +1y
very nice