Page 4 of 5
Mazda Engine General \  EZ engine swap?

EZ engine swap?

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 18283
replies 45
following 13

laydout98   +1y
i gotaa 84 maz, i assume the motor mounts and what not are in the same location as a 86 up
futurdreamz   +1y
Yeah. '84 uses the MA engine which is a predecessor to the F series, but other than that is not related.
futurdreamz   +1y
Ok, after hopefully seeing the last of the snow yesterday, is it possible to install the all wheel drive transmission from either the sport or the b2600i and cobble the rest of the front wheel system from the i?
korrupt1   +1y
hmm...should be interesting to watch the swap go in. I have been doing a lil studying about the kia myself...and having owned one...I actually like the lil car...ran great for a long long time.....hell only money I ever really spent on the motor was a timing belt and even then...it didnt destroy the motor....I thin the fact that the belot held together helped but still...a tough lil motor in mine. I was a 1.8L sephia, 98 car.....I know its not about the car but a swap for the truck....but I just leaving my mark as I really did like my lil car and it ran so great.

Hoping to see what you got going on this as you transform!

lots and LOTS of pics please!

Thanks!
maz2low   +1y

Atleast somebody knows of the 302 Chevy.

Now if you want to swap a motor I would go 327, very badass motors with that stroke stock. Even better when you shed 80lbs by going with Aluminum heads. The Chevy DZ302 is extremely rare and worth some serious $$$$ with the right serial number and year.

A 383 was never made from factory so that eliminates them from EZ swap. However to accomplish it your in for alot of $$$,time and more $$$. Even when you buy the kit, you will need alot of correct machine work, grinding of the bottom of cylinders for clearance for the rods etc etc. Man are they badass when put in an S10. A 400 stroked out is even more badass.
futurdreamz   +1y
Ya, unfortunately thanks to the recent credit crunch this project is still in the planning stage. It's probably going to be at least three more months before I can be able to swap out the engine, let alone the rest of the powertrain.

Korrupt1: yes, I'm planning on that. I'm also hoping to be able to make it into a very easy to follow step-by-step guide with a parts list.

and Maz2low, thanks for the advice.
futurdreamz   +1y
Ok, research has ruled out the Kia trannie as a no-cut solution because the trasfercase shifter is four inches further back from the gearshift. Not to mention that the rest of the fwd system problably won't be compatible.

So, using the b2200 bellhousing and etc, is it possible to get the powertrain from the b2600i installed without any major modifications?

Because I've already had one year of unpleasent winters and I am not looking forward to skidding throught next years'.
Gingie_boy   +1y
So I am the proud owner of a b2200... that doesn't run. Being 14 I have really not a clue what I'm doing. I have three main options 1. Fix the truck as is and drive (I think it's with the fuel system it runs with gas being put directly into the carb) 2. Fix and sell save for something newer 3. Engine swap. My heart wants to do a swap and after reading through this thread and others I would love to do a fe3 swap. There are a lot of smart people on this thread and I would like to know what you guys think I should do. Is it unrealistic for me to do a swap on my own? (minimal help, I'm low on cash) or should I just fix it and sell it. I don't want to really run a 95 hp truck... thanks

- James
Cusser   +1y
" I don't want to really run a 95 hp truck"

I think it's only 85hp.
"I think it's with the fuel system it runs with gas being put directly into the carb"

See if gas is getting to the carb, disconnect at the carb inlet, feed into a jar, have someone crank the engine. Be careful, gasoline is explosive and flammable. These trucks have a history of rusty fuel tanks, so fuel tank sock or fuel filter may be clogged. So I'd start there before I thought of getting a different engine. Also, the stock carbs are very complicated; many who don't need emissions testing put on aftermarket Weber carbs. And try MazdaTrucking.com
Gingie_boy   +1y
Thank you so much! I appreciate it.

Just really one question if any one doesn't mind
Looking into the Webber carb (been doing about an hour of research, still a lot more to go) does it affect emissions ton. I live in Utah where emmisions is tightly regulated.
Post was last edited on Jan 20, 2018 12:01. This post has been edited 1 times.