Page 3 of 5
Mazda Engine General \  EZ engine swap?

EZ engine swap?

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 18286
replies 45
following 13

futurdreamz   +1y
OK, by now you guys have probably figured out that I'm a tad indecisive.

To install the F2T requires converting the fuel system to EFI, and to drop into the Bseries you need to rotate the intake system 180
futurdreamz   +1y
Or are there any topics that have step-by-step instructions for just swapping the engine without lowering it or anything at the same time?
futurdreamz   +1y
Aside from the Kia Konversion.
laydout98   +1y
not to whore up,, but what is the easiest/with a good amount of HP for a 84 mazda b2000? pms with a link and what not would be appreciated!
futurdreamz   +1y
Apparently swapping in a V8 as linked earlier in the thread is the easiest AFAICT.
matth0le   +1y
I would say none of it is "easy" or everyone would do it.
futurdreamz   +1y
As in compared to the other conversions.

OK, now I'm committing to the Kia engine.
Will take a few months to get the parts, so this thread is going to die for a while.
But first some before pics.
thread post photo
://farm4.static.flickr.com/3299/3346084578_6125c14e5a.jpg?v=0
Front, Left viewed from right
thread post photo
://farm4.static.flickr.com/3405/3345250383_b614ac3602.jpg?v=0
Right Viewed from Left, Workshop
thread post photo
://farm4.static.flickr.com/3323/3346085084_17a30cb297.jpg?v=0
Lift (folded away for storage), Tools
matth0le   +1y
These truck deserved a better engine than that. What was Mazda thinking?
laydout98   +1y
lol, not everyone wants a v8 for something there gonna drive often, i think ima look into the rx7 13b, but i guess ill do some research on this kia engine a bit, idk if it will be differnt for my mazda since its a diff body style but fuel injection sure sounds nice....
futurdreamz   +1y

Which year do you have? iirc the 1987-1993 model years used the F2 engine that is compatible, the one directly before used an older F series engine which I believe is compatible, and newer models used Ford engines which aren't compatible.