threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  UNSTOPPABLE OIL LEAK!!!

UNSTOPPABLE OIL LEAK!!!

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 933
replies 6
following 5

ledevil   +1y
Ok my truck is leaking oil really bad my hole engine bay and undercarriage is SOAKED in oil. It's so bad I'm having to put in almost 3 quarts of oil a day. It's not my pan gasket or my valve cover gasket I just replaced those where else could it be coming from??
orangemazdab2000   +1y
Is it comming from the front or the rear of the engine? It could be a front or rear main seal. Front = easy fix. Rear = pain in the butt.
ledevil   +1y
I can't tell where it's coming from because the whole motor is covered
valiant   +1y
the truck I just fixed had both of the main seals bad. We had to pull the motor, and replace them, since replacing those, no more oil on the engine bay. I can tell cuase I pressure washed the enginebay when the motor was out. That is the benifit of having the motor out of the truck, you can hop into the engine bay and scrub .
I would just buy a bottom end seal kit and replace them all. I payed about $30 for the kit. the only thing that really helped me was our engine puller and engine stand. it might be kind of hard if you dont have those items.
hope this helps,
Mike
pont   +1y
Fill it up drive to your local car wash clean the engine and engine bay (cover the carb disy and alt if you wont I dont but some will say to) drive it down the road a bit then get out and look. If the oil is coming from the back half of the motor check the rear crank seal and the rear cam seal. If it looks like its coming from the front look at replacing the front seal and front cam seal (same part). And the gaskit between the plate that the disy goes into that bolts to the head.

My 92 that I got with a bad oil pump was leaking pretty bad could not find it I pulled the oil pump 3 times thinking I pinched the o-ring. Or did not do it right after the 3rd time I knew I had a leak somewere eles so I started to tare it down. found out that the PO did not seat the front Cam seal right and did not install the gaskit between that plate and haed. It was leaking pretty bad to took a few hours and no more leak.
dylanmg10   +1y
I’ve got a Mazda b2000 that leaks a ton of oil too it’s on the back of the engine and it runs down the trans
post photo
Page 1 of 1