Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  Weber 32/36 Air Filter Alternatives

Weber 32/36 Air Filter Alternatives

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 7599
replies 13
following 7

josdek   +1y
Hi Everyone -- I have the Weber 32/36 DGEV conversion on my 87 B2000. It came with the KN-style filter, which I would like to replace with a standard paper filter. Has anyone done this or found a filter on the market that fits the housing as-is? Thanks!
nytrdr24   +1y
you can get a plate that adapts the regular round chevy style air filters or a "snorkle hat" to the dgv series weber carbs....I have the adapter, along with a "snorkle hat", and was going to use the stock plastic air intake that went to the stock air filter housing, and a cone type k&N filter...I've been trying to sell it for quite some time, never used...here is a pic
thread post photo
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
how much you asking for the air cleaner adapter?
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Question - in the pic it looks like the carb would be on the drivers side with the plastic snorkle going over the valve cover. I'm sure it can be rearranged to fit the passenger side setup.

Bump on the "How much"
nytrdr24   +1y
^^ to answer your q guys, I've had it for sale a couple times with no bites but that's all good.

I'll still take the $60 + shipping for what you see in the pic = adapter, snorkle, oem air tube & bracket, & K&N filter...

Thx guys!
toddluck   +1y
check the other thread
nytrdr24   +1y
i did
toddluck   +1y
cool cool
sosatheshark   +1y
cool
nytrdr24   +1y

sorry immortal, forgot to answer the first part of your q.

the carb still mounts on the stock intake on the passenger side of the truck, the little flat plate in the plastic wrapper mounts on top of the 32/36, or 38/38 weber (not sure on the 34/34), then the hat (ribbed piece) sits on top of the adapter plate, and can be turned in any direction that you want the oem air tube to go...

the oem black air tube is the one that came on the factory air filter housing (it did run to the driver's side of the radiator core support) along with the bracket that held the open end to the core support, and the K&N is on that end....

The way I was planning on routing it was put the filter over next to the factory battery tray/location and mount the bracket in there to hold that end steady.

The opening on the hat is sort of an elongated oval shape or a rectangle with rounded ends, and just happened to work nicely with the oem tube...