Page 5 of 6
Mazda Projects \  the new project 1997 chevy cheyenne

the new project 1997 chevy cheyenne

Mazda Projects
views 9916
replies 58
following 7

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Also, if you have a 60/40, front bench all you would need is one seat riser (if replacing with buckets and they dont have risers on them.) The passenger side i just un bolted the seat from the risers 4 10mm bolts on the rails, and re attached the suburban seat. On drivers side some trucks have factory nuts already welded on bottom for buckets ( mine did not ) butit had s raised area where s buckets riser sat on and just two holes where drilled. I sat the seat in put two existing bolts in the holes and marked the other side, just so it was lined up properly.
baha   +1y
Thanks man, I appreciate the info, I like the center console you went with too.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
You're welcome, the console is out of same vehicle an adds rear cup holders lol. I used the rear bench seats mounting spot and just bolted it down there, further up would have caused it to hit my shifter. And only used the one bolt it doesn't move or have any issue staying in place. Now on the drivers seat i had, it was power and the risers are made different, for seat to riser mounting. So if going for power you will need the risers that the power seat mounts too.

4 HI MOD

Here is what you need: 1. 1 Relay (4 prong, with #85, #86, #87 and #30. Common relay for aux lights) 2. 16 gauge wire (I used 4 different colors to tell the difference (green, brown, white, yellow)) 3. Conduct 4. Electrial tape 5. 1 Self tapping screw 6. 4 female wire connecters 7. 1 Ring terminal for battery 8. 1 Ring terminal for ground 9. 2 side by side wire connectors 10. 1 inline fuse

Step 1 Disconnect the battery at negative and positve ends for safety

Step 2 Remove the passenger side headlight by the 2 bolts on top (or you can remove the marker light, I removed both just for convinence)

Step 3 Clip the brown wire to the brown wire of the low beams

Step 4 Clip the green wire to the green wire of the high beams

Step 5 Run the brown wire from the low beams to the relay. Connecting it using a female adapter to #87

Step 6 Run the green wire from the high beams to the relay. Connecting it using a female adapter to #86

Step 7 Run conduct over both green and brown wires

Step 8 Run a ground from the relay prong # 85 to the screw that holds it on the fender wall

Step 9 Mount the relay near the battery on the passenger side fender using the self tapping screw

Step 10 Run a wire from the relay prong #30 to the battery +, with an inline fuse

Step 11 Reinstall the lights, close the hood and flick on your high beams

You can also use the drivers side and tap into the under hood fuse box with 30 mp aux post. But only needed on one side not both. For a cleaner look the headlight bundle ( 88-98 gmt400 Chevy) runs along the fender an can be tapped here instead behind the headlights. I didn't know till afterwards though lol.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Baha, i can't run a roll pan here in Maine unless it is a show truck only. But if you are looking for a good bumper, let me know what you need brackets bolts etc. My womans cousin owns a junkyard and i can get them at a cheap price. And i'll pick you one up. Just pay shipping if it wouldn't be much to ship for you lol, or you can't find any ones local. Cause I can probably trade my old bench seat for the bumper. So just let me know, or if you still wanna trade id do that too. Just to have it. Never know when they change regulations here lol.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
So some fun times.

Was out cruising an guess what? A riced out Honda pulls up beside me tappin his rev limit, so i crack down an let my glass packs crackle into his honda lol. Light turns green i spin nl get sideways he takes off, i hit second spin again go past him and slam third and no honda to be seen.... next red light honda pulls beside me and all i hear is fuck you bitch i heard your nitrous! Lololol roflmao. I dont have nitrous just a new custom grind cam from delta cams, updated my intake with custom air box, hi flow cat, thrush red hot glass pack, 8mm plug wires NGK PLUGS, and oh yeah, a new marine style intake, which from forums an readings is a usuall 30-60hp gain. Ported throttle body with restrictorless butterfly. A under drive pulley kit and playing with my tuner. So i guess i pissed off the local honda kids cause now they all try racin my truck... fine by me but atleast throw down some cash yo.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
,Now, finally got my tuner tunings down ok. I can now get sideways in second hold it to till i lwt off an she stays sideways. Into third i get a slight spin like second had been before. Now on takeoff i have to be carefull, my low end torque has massively improved an well i tend to like fast take offs, laat time i waa out testing i was at a red light, took.off, or tried to like i was used to. But then all of a sudden, rear end sinks, rear goes sideways and im kickin posis sittin at a green light. Shit, glad cop wasn't nearby. Got her settled an finally got going, so that experience
had me curious, 1st runs out near 30mph in a safe rev zone. Town speed limit 25, scene set lmao.

Easing into 1st i slowed till about 10, tromped down lit the tires up an hit second, orgasm followed as it spun an spun getting sideways, hit third at 50 slight chirp of tires, front end almost lurches off the ground an im frakin gone.

Now im really itching to piece together my turbo setup. Got an intercooler 75% piping, and maybe a turbo itself. But with a kid on the way this hp build has hit a stop. Baby boy is due in november, snow coming etc, till i get the womans car in shape my truck is back burner ugh.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
So, finally got little time on my hands again, removed the rust collector chrome wheel well strips, passenger side was scary (pics coming) so i dove into my first time working with bondo. I know it is not the greatest. But i'm pretty happy with the turnout. Info or tips appreciated.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

So after the first try i ended up sanding it back down as i realized it was much to thick. The second attempt at paint was more succesfull imo lol.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
So on my way to work I hit three deer, yes three. Busted my grill, both new headlights ;( bent radiator core support and damaged the radiator.

So now I'm tinkering with cutting my own custom cowl hood, building my own billet grille inserts. Then onto better n bigger mods, full stainless braided break lines, cross drilled rotors, c3500 caliper upgrade, rear axle swap for rear discs ohh ya!
mymmeryloss   +1y

That sucks man.