Page 3 of 6
Mazda Projects \  the new project 1997 chevy cheyenne

the new project 1997 chevy cheyenne

Mazda Projects
views 9915
replies 58
following 7

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Little fun today, got my gmc styled grill off the donor truck, not to bad just a pain getting to a few bolts. Ordering a billet insert for it before the install goes underway though. Adjusted the e-brake as well, needs rear brakes soon ugh. Hate doing drum brakes. Shocks are going on the rear next weekend not gone yet but can tell they are worn out. Any ideas on a good shock for this truck?
chaserjohndoe   +1y
Yea I figured it would be too high. Shipping wheels usually is. :/

Don't forget to get the lights and other bits. They may be different. ??? I don't know much about GM's body wise. I just know we have them as work trucks.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
As far as I can tell they are al the same sizes etc, based on my haynes manual that is lol. Only differences would be from 89 to 94-95 i believe and the w/t style has a different front end styling all together. But if need be it is just next door so not a big deal to go get them and I have dibs on all parts before the truck is taken to the crusher. I did go ahead and keep the bottom signal lamps though. and thanks for the tip. Yeah wheels are usually a pain to ship, if we where closer i'd make the drive but eh hopefully you can hock them out your way.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Been away a while but gotten few things done. Including the addition of the gmc grill, all i had to swap whete the signal lamps. Not of nessecity but mine where better shape lol. Billet insert was wrong so still waiting on that. Got a ebay track racing cold air intake ordered up. Also going to do a dual electric fan setup in the future.

Put on ranch ride height adjust shocks, from 0-4 inches ride height difference ( higher not lower lol) also upgraded to slotted rotors and ceramic pads. Upgraded speakers and radio.

As for now that is it. I will get cold air intake picks up once installed and pics of the gmc grill on before an after the billet insert.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
So, im trading chevy grille i removed for 2 leather buckets from a 97 suburban and second row leather seats. Gonna have sexy sexy in my truck now.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
So been doin some more piddling on my truck. Nothing major, a cold air intake( yes i know it is sucking compartment air at the moment, but fabbing heat shield when find the material.) Resonator box delete ( black box on intske that says vortec) just adds extra intake suckin sound lol. I did a throttle body blade mod, cut off the restrictor on the bottom blade, and WOW my bottom end got a huge gain. And pulling these maine hills in fifth is now a non issue as before i had down shift into fourth on some. Attached pic is before the box removal. Also finally got my new seats waiting to be installed. With a center console to boot. Also gonna try and put second row seating from the same vehicle got front seats in as my back seat lol.

thread post photo

Soon to come is a under drive pulley seat and drive gears. Later on im upgrading the cam, and porting valves. Yes i know it is a 4.3, but i can tell you right now that as is i leave my buddies same year truck but reg cab short bed 4x4 5.7 vortec in the dust. I make him mad lol. He has headers and a tune bwuahaha.
cherokeed   +1y
Love that truck I'd put a slider rear window. Those trucks are everywhere here love to get my hands on one and turn into a muscle truck.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y

Thanks, and that's what i am doing slowly over time. With a kid on the way things are slow going on it lol. Eventually i plan on pulling the 4.3 and saving it for a B series, once i find one in good shape. In the rust belt they are hard find in fair shape. But it will be getting a 5.3 327 vortec from a newer truck style. I like the 5.7 but also my camaro is 327 so why not shove one into my truck lol. Also looking into a rear sway bar setup. Still researching that though.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Just a couple pics.

thread post photo

thread post photo
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Okay, few more pics lmao.

Here is the radio i installed myself, pushes out slightly further than I like but it functions and works fine so cannot complain.

thread post photo

Here is one of my bucket seats installed, was rather easier than expected. Had been told i must re-drill riser bracket holes...PSSHAAAW I say, took off the old seat bolts holding to the risers, inserted new seat. Bam done. Now the drivers side, not so simple but it will be done within next few days. Once I get up to drilling holes ugh. Don't mind the dirty been raining for past few days here.

thread post photo

thread post photo

WIll have pics up of the drivers seat installed and the center console installed once i get off my lazy bum and do so.