Page 2 of 6
Mazda Projects \  the new project 1997 chevy cheyenne

the new project 1997 chevy cheyenne

Mazda Projects
views 9914
replies 58
following 7

chaserjohndoe   +1y
I believe the stock size is a 235/75r15 which is 28.5 inches tall. If you get replacement tires I would go with something about that size. Also if you are interested I have a set of black police interceptor wheels that would fit on your truck. Are 15x8 with a 5 on 5 bolt pattern. Which is what you truck should be.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Yes, that is the pattern my truck is, can you post pics in here so I may see when you have the chance? And you are coorect on the stock tire size, the current tires where put on by the p/o and are basically brand new so i'm sticking with them for the time being. No need to spend un needed money at the moment lol. But I like the stance they give the truck as well, I have a set of stock size tires i can put on for comparing the stances once i have the gumption one weekend to put two on.

But yeah just post a pic of the rims you have up and an asking price and we can make a deal for sure. The steelies I have are probably going to a partial trade to a friend down the road for some parts of a wrecked truck he has like mine so just let me know and I will keep an eye on this thread. Just keep in mind I work 6am to 4:30 everyday but weekends, and tomorrow ( memorial day ) So if I don't respond right away i am not ignoring you.

EDit: Here are the tail lights I got from ebay for 30 bucks.
post photo
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Well my neighbor has a frame snapped xcab gmc same year as mine, im getting the gmc style grill for 25$ two new unopened thrush mufflers for20$ the pop out side windows later on, a seat with a fold down armrest, and some other odds an ends just in case anything on mine gets broken. Gonna grab the dash cover, vents. Seat belts buckles an such things. May even take window glass and some door panels if his are manual crank windows. Wouldn't mind power windows but to much of a hassle for me. If the doors where in better shape id take them n just swap out but thats a no go. So just a lil update of progress to come an what to keep an eye out for.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Hey Chaser when ya get a chance would like to see those rims you have, Also today I've been debating, as previously said my neighbor has a gmc truck same year model as mine. But he has a front seat with an armrest attachment thinking of picking this up as well, but it is a tan color as to my light blue interior. So if i go forward with this I would most likely buy the entire front and rear seats just to have the matching seat colors.

Also on a side not get my first check friday from my new job with a construction company erecting windmills in the northern Maine area, reed-reed who also do bridge and road work. But as of now we are just erecting windmills and such fun things lol.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
Sorry I forgot all about it. I suppose I'll go put some pants on and get you some pics. :p
chaserjohndoe   +1y
Its not rust. Just dirty from sitting outside the last couple weeks. And its been raining so it got even more dirt on them.

Sent from my SCH-I405U using Tapatalk 2
post photo
post photo
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
lmao, no need for the pants, if the neighbors don't like it to bad shut yer curtains and quit spying on me lmao. and no problem i've been working crazy late nights at work. Gotta love being behind cause of newb electricians.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Ohhhhh im diggin those so what would you want for them with shipping to 04747? And it may be next friday before id be able get them or later no promises on that. But i would def take them off your hands.

Side note got a newish backrack for the truck style id wanted so woohoo and its free lol.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
They weight 25lbs a piece. And shipping would be $40 a wheel per USPS. I would want 80 for all 4, plus shipping. So that's 240 for 4 used cop wheels. Seems kinda high to my cheap ass.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Yeah thats too high for my cheap ass as well sorry lol. But those are sweet rims nonetheless i may search for some in my area, or paint my chrome ones black but they arent in great shape.

Slight update, since i do haul junk n do odd jobs i picked a decent back rack up FOR FREE guy was gonna junk it an i asked if i could have it. " get it off an its yours" he said so yay me lol. Needs lil cleanin up with a wire brush but w.e. i will post pics of it on tomorrow at some point.

Finished a carrier bearing and full u joint and pinion seal change out today. An let me say WHAT A B%#@H i had to cut the old bearing off with a wheel and the u joints off and press them out in a vice ugh lol.