Page 1 of 6
Mazda Projects \  the new project 1997 chevy cheyenne

the new project 1997 chevy cheyenne

Mazda Projects
views 9912
replies 58
following 7

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Well with the loss payment from my B i picked up a nice lil ride. A 1997 chevy cheyenne extended cab 2wd. 4.3 vortec that will scream. Its mint interior double bench seats. 5 speed transmission my favorite future plans include halo projector headlights. Chrome altezza rears, a usable cowl inducted hood, and chrome mag wheels. Right now its got the nice stock rallys with 31/10.50/15 tires.
post photo
chaserjohndoe   +1y
sweet. needs more low.
dan woodland   +1y
That didn't take long!
mymmeryloss   +1y
Please dont put altezzas and projectors on it...
xxchromeghostxx   +1y

Lol no, i had tge money within a week after geico adjuster came and went over the damages.

And why no altezzas and projectors? They are only tail lights i found that would look good.
post photo
mymmeryloss   +1y
They dont look good. Believe me...
chaserjohndoe   +1y
If anything I would put the same style GMC front end on it and tint the tails. And then put some 15 or 16 inch steelies with super fat tires in the back.
sincitylocal   +1y
Yep, those trucks will easily accommodate a 305/50-15.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
I had a buddy that had 295/50r15's all the way around on a 1500 looked kinda weird. it didn't rub and I think it was lowered a couple inches. Was a few years ago. So I don't really remember.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Little list of updates, ) pics will follow once get them onto my pc) Removed the back rack, in exchange for a diff style one later down the road. Also, I like the idea someone said about the GMC style front grill, I have seen those and been thinking myself " Dang that would look sexy on my truck" lol.Before even seeing these posts that is. I've ben inactive a while, reason being I finally got myself a great job. I work for Reed&Reed right now we are working on erecting 30plus windmills in northern Maine area. So there will be plenty of mods to come on the truck. As for the tire size references everyone's been giving I have 31/10.50/15's currently on it. Only rub issue is on my mudflaps, but in Maine they help save my rocker panels so i can deal with that slight scrub. Otherwise there are no issues with rubbing or clearences. Now onto the rims. It came with a set of chrome steelies with iwnter studded tires, tires are shot but the rims are nice and I think they will accomodate the 31/10.50's bette rthan the stock rims ( looks wise that is ) Also I have installed a set of craigslist find fog lights Blazer Lighting Inter Lights, one has a blown bulb but they are all wired uo and a bulb is being replaced this weekend.

Only issue with te truck is after being on a lift for state inspection the gas gauge stoppped working F&#&^$($^#( for real er!! I have recently replaced the carrier bearing, pinion seal, all U joints, new headlight bulbs, a new cd player installed, cb installed. and that is it until i can figure my gas gauge issue out.... Rather a piss me off point atm lol. But again I will have pictures up in the next day or so for you guys, and will keep this thread as current as I can. But with this new job I work 50 hours in a regular week and with the boss man saying nights will be getting later the weeks will get longer. Money is money though, and the mods are coming soon. Future plans include a slight lift even though i am just 2wd its to fullsize to slam and to expensive lol. Plus i like being able to go climbing and muddin, From what I have found out I have a Eaton posi locker rear with 3.42 gears, 4.3 vortec with 5 speed manual tranny. 223k miles on the odometer but no leaks or loss of fluids or power anywhere, compression tested perfect on all cylinders to my surprise so the p/o took excellent care of his vehicle. Well hope I get some followers on this and keep the input coming I appreciate all ideas and opinions.