Page 9 of 10
Mazda Wheels Tires \  5 lug conversion questions

5 lug conversion questions

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 20925
replies 90
following 30

mymmeryloss   +1y
So what kinda price are you guys coming up with for the yota front conversion?
mymmeryloss   +1y
So ive found a complete 81 yota front assembly. So whats different about this than the 84-94 yota front spindle and y doesnt it work?
anguswilly   +1y
OK, so I just finished my 5 lug conversion and this time I got the re-drilled stuff from John - boy was it easier, the whole swap in under 2 hrs.
post photo
chaserjohndoe   +1y
86-95 is the years of Toyota 2wd spindles you want
anguswilly   +1y

True, you can use the toyota spindles, my concern was how that will effect the suspension geometry and if you want to change back to 6 lug for any reason (say you want to put your stock wheels back) it's alot more work - I can switch hubs back and forth in less than and hour - more like 1/2hr.

I think that the $280 for a pair of hubs is well worth it for the convenience.
rcogan   +1y
bringing another old thread back lol

couple questions if anyone is still around

when swapping rearend, was there any mods to the brakelines/fittings or anything to go from the stock mazda lines to the toyota lines?
is the stock proportioning valve mounted under booster still enough?
sincitylocal   +1y
Brake lines are easy. If you have a flaring tool, just cut, bend and flare as needed.
Most imports use the same metric fittings on the brake lines... I doubt you'll run in to any trouble.
As long as you're still gonna run a drum brake in the rear, the Mazda proportioning valve is fine.
rcogan   +1y
Well, don't own a flaring tool
Never messed with one
Thanks for reply man, take the guess work out of it
onebadkota   +1y
Wow this thread is back from the dead...I am too...Haha
robert_paulsen   +1y
i read about people redrilling the upper arm for yota balljoints anybody have pictures or is there a bracket for doing such besides the stock balljoint mount? i thought i remember reading years ago somebody made a bracket like byc or something.