Mazda Wheels Tires \  5 lug conversion questions

5 lug conversion questions

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 20862
replies 90
following 30

hunterw   +1y
this might be a good sticky

im wondering what year yotas are good for the 5on4.5 lug conversion? and what years axles?

and what is needed to convert to yota spindles?

spindles,hubs,brakes,and outer tie rods?
v8mazda4ever   +1y
I know the 95 yota ex cab i had had the 5 lug sold them for good cash
baha   +1y
89-95 are that bolt pattern. I want to say for that front members have just swapped spindles but I can't find any specific threads. The suspension set ups are very similar.
v8mazda4ever   +1y
Ya the guy I sold them to said it is the cheapest lug conversion he has ever done
hunterw   +1y
yeah i think i read the tie rods bolt up, and im getting some a arms that are made for yota ball joints so id just need the spindle on out...if im thinking correctly...

does any know the widths of the yota axles?
baha   +1y
You could always ream or shim the spindle if needed but yeah you just need the spindles on out. I'll try to get the measurement of my axle when I get home. It's not that wide.
hunterw   +1y
thats what she said!!! lol jk. thanks baha
hunterw   +1y
i have another question....do you think i would need drop spindles or would reg yota spindles work? im thinking i need drops but thought id ask
idminitrucker (jason)   +1y
I used mazda tie rod ends on mine the toy ones dont work. differnt mounting to the inner tie rods. I did have to modify them a little bit but it was pretty simple. I have kustom works arms and they have chrysler screw in ball joints in them that fit the toy spindles. I also have 2in drop spindles. and the truck lays and untucks 20s. I want to say the pre 89 rear ends are shorter, by like 2 inches.
hunterw   +1y
thanks jason. those are actually the same controls im getting. so if i have any snags ill try and look through your build log