threads
Page 4 of 8
Mazda Wheels Tires \  General wheel questions?

General wheel questions?

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 10213
replies 75
following 22

baha   +1y
A big factor is the tire size. What size tire do you want to run? It's really easy to figure out. Once you decide on what size tire you are going to run get the diameter. Then measure from the ground to the center of your wheel well, subtract the diameter and that is a rough estimate of how low you can drop it. Other things to consider are shocks, steering components, and bump stops that limit suspension travel and may limit how low you can go until you modify or move them.
ohsolo   +1y
will a 20 even run up front if i run say a 30-35 series tire and reindex the tbars. or am i going to have steering problems? will i need to cut out my inner fenders
baha   +1y
What year is your truck? It will most likely limit your steering but you will just have to take wider turns, and make 3+ point turns to park, and unpark.
ohsolo   +1y
92 ext cab. i want to bag it but dont have the tools knowlage and know how yet. so for now i want to go as low as i possably can without air. if i cut out my inner fenders will it turn better
baha   +1y
Yeah it will, that should be the first thing to hit.
ohsolo   +1y
sent a pm baha
ohsolo   +1y
ok so im pretty new to all of this but if i remove the iner wheel wells on the front, reindex the t bars. and the back im thinking 3" blocks and the bed is already tubbed . and its all 4x4 sheetmetal. oh ya and either de arch the whole spring pack or pull the middle leafs. should i be good to go?
ohsolo   +1y
i think the tahoe 20s are 20x8.5 the rest im not sure ???
lwrlvl   +1y
If i changed over to a toyota five lug and went with some 20s what size offset would i be looking for to tuck with a 2 3/4 bd and 2wd fenders. I would put yota spindles and a yota rear end on. thanks!
wannahdawg   +1y
Just wondering if i can run chevy 17 inch wheels from a 1500 silverado? i've saw some running the z71 wheels, but don't know what these wheels came off of... just 17x7.5 6 lug and 5 spoke alloy wheel... here's the link and a picture of them . i think i'll have to mill down the tabs, but other than that will i have any fitment issues that anybody knows about?