threads
Page 2 of 8
Mazda Wheels Tires \  General wheel questions?

General wheel questions?

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 10212
replies 75
following 22

jmzcustomz (jeff)   +1y
What about the ol base ball bat move. Roll the fender lip a hair. Hey just a thought.

As for welding and re drilling... I think this could be a structural concern. I am not an expert but arent the allum wheels tempered or something? By welding it may cause it to get brittle around the one place you dont want...the lugnuts. Has anyone thought about drilling the hubs and using bigger studs? Then you can use the chevy lug nuts as well. Finally I am with linn on the machining off about 1/8" from the back side would probably be ok. Considering the bed and frame alone on a 6-lug chevy truck weighs more then the mazda ex cab does. And besides 96hp w/ 6 lugs is not really an axle twisting combo.

Either way keep us all posted as if this works on the eskies it should work on the chevy wheels.
huskerdually   +1y

If I ever find a set of ford 6 lug rims I plan on having the hubs/axles drilled to accept the larger ford studs. Then I should be able to make the pattern larger to match the ford pattern.
mazdaman82   +1y
well it was just a thought,not wanting to be mean but can we keep this to just wheel talk

yes i have the caddy wheels and they are +31 offset, is there a chevy or nissan that is more, maybe a +35 or +40?
huskerdually   +1y
What suzuki has 6 lug rims? I can not find any reference to them.

I found this.

And this.

But man finding offset info is tough.
mazdaman82   +1y
the new suzuki raider, but i dont know it looks like a small 6lug, but they are based off the nissan fronter so maybe the same
huskerdually   +1y
Looks like the titan and armada have a +25 offset.

When I google suzuki raider all I get is motorcycles?
bagdb2200   +1y

Do you mean the Mitsubishi Raider that's pretty much a Dodge Dakota with an uglier front end? From what I can find online they're 5 lug.
bagdb2200   +1y
Oh...you mean the Suzuki Equator? It is the same as the new Frontiers... 6x4.5
huskerdually   +1y
From what I can tell the tundra has a +35 offset.
huskerdually   +1y
Okay I was thinking(kinda scary in it's own way). But to determine how much it would be safe to mill off the backside you could measure how thick the stud area is. Say it was 1", if you milled .25" off you would in theory be reducing the strength by 25%, if you did .5" in theory it would be half as strong. Just a thought.