threads
Page 5 of 8
Mazda Wheels Tires \  General wheel questions?

General wheel questions?

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 10210
replies 75
following 22

charlesskelter   +1y
Pretty sure the only issue would be opening tje bore or grinding the tabs.

I'd go with these though: I bet those would look sick tucked painted to match the body, especially with an early 90s paint job.
wannahdawg   +1y

hahahahah i saw those and i'm trying to talk my buddy into gettin them for his 86 300z hahahaha...
91b2200(cody)   +1y
"wannahdawg" the 17's that you posted wanting to know if they would fit would fit but like you said. you just have to grind the tabs on the truck. other than that theres no issue.
wannahdawg   +1y

awesome dude thanks. i don't mind grinding, i had to do that to fit some 7 spoke mazda miata wheels onto my 92 honda hatch a couple years back... but thanks for the info man...
originalmazdawg   +1y
Sup ppl, gotta question for ya'll... I am looking at some wheels that someone is selling. They say that the wheels are 18x9 with a 4.75 backspacing and come with 225/40 rubber. (The offset is unknown, is there a way to figure that out?) My question is, would these fit on a '93 2600 with a static drop and 4wd front fenders? The bed is still stock until i find a 4x4 bed... 3" blocks in the back w/ cut bumpstops, flipped ball joints and cranked torsions in the front. Right now, I'm running on 225/60/14's with no issues. . . . with 14" wheels, why would I, right?? LOL! Thanks in advance for the replies...
bagdb2200   +1y

That will depend on which Toy axle you end up with. There are a few different width rears depending on which year they come out of.
bagdb2200   +1y

No, those would stick out of the 4x4 flares by an 1.5" or more.
originalmazdawg   +1y
I don't have fender "flares", I have swapped out the actual FENDERS with some from a 4x4 B2600. . . I think they give me about another 2" or so.
baha   +1y
I'm going to make a calculator to convert back spacing to offset and vice versa but this should help you out. I'm sure you already know back spacing is the measurement from the rear lip of the wheel to the mounting face. The offset is the distance from the centerline of the wheel to the mounting face in millimeters. Positive means that the wheels are pushed inwards towards the centerline. Negative offset means its pushed outward towards the fenders.
hunterw   +1y

very useful