Page 2 of 2
Mazda Engine Performance \  B2200 intake, b2000 head

B2200 intake, b2000 head

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 4466
replies 17
following 5

mazdafvr   +1y
o I see it now. didn't see it on your old head and got confused I guess, I would try looking up the vin number then if it has one and see if u cant find the compatible piece. I don't know where your from but Im in va and I have an extra manifold, I don't have the paypal ordeal or anything tho, would have to set one up if u need one shipped out to u.
mazdafvr   +1y
bet dude gave u a head to an 83 sundowner or something, a year or 2 off from the normal compatible 85-93 mazdas that u would typically see, that or the head was made wrong or something. never seen a head like that. i tried looking at that link the other day when u made this thread cause im about to do the swap and dont wanna have the same issue, but it keeps kicking me to some other sight after about 2 seconds. cant read but a word at a time.
la cucararacha   +1y
OK, so here's what the head has written/cast into it:
I assume this is a manufacturers note, because it was cast in (105ZZQ or O)
thread post photo

FE05-4
thread post photo

FE(cast in) and 11679(stamped in)
thread post photo

Is the number i need to cross reference the FE05-4?
orangemazdab2000   +1y
What you have there is a JDM head. (Japanese imported engine). I've had a couple of them before...when I've found them though they were hiding under a nice "MAGNUM" valvecover.

Anyways, the head will work just fine on the U.S. 2.0 or 2.2 engines in our trucks ('86-'93) but the EGR port will be blocked off. No biggie. One of the things I do to most of my trucks is block off the EGR anyways, especially if I'm putting a Weber on. The EGR is usually the issue when your truck runs like crap because the EGR valve sticks open and its dumping exhaust straight into the intake.

The Only issue may be if you have emissions testing in your area, although you'll pass the "visual".

I'd personally go out of my way to find that head to use on one of my projects.

I've got a few heads in my stock pile, if you REALLY wanted a head with an EGR port, we could work something out.
thread post photo
orangemazdab2000   +1y
I forgot to ask...where are you located?
la cucararacha   +1y
You sir, made my day. I think. I'm in Seattle. If it'll work, I'm happy running the egr as a dummy. Do you know if it will pass the tailpipe test without the egr working? I am going to put a Weber on (just got a new one), and I'm going to tune it for emissions and get it tested, and then swap it. Or it may be worth my while to test it with a stock carb, and switch it after the test. I got a new primary cat too. Do you guys have to test in your county i can't remember whether or not my B-Ham buddies have to or not. Thanks a bunch for your response!
orangemazdab2000   +1y
Nope, no emissions up here.
burtandurny101   +1y
Seattle area definitely requires emissions, pass it through with the stock carb on there, then do the swap.

B-ham is in whatcom county which does NOT have emmissions testing.
In WA if your car is more than 20 years old you are excused from testing, so as long as your truck is pre 93' you'll be ailright just doing the swap