Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Performance \  B2200 intake, b2000 head

B2200 intake, b2000 head

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 4455
replies 17
following 5

la cucararacha   +1y
So I switched over to a mechanical head with my current engine build (2000 head on 2200 bottom end). I noticed that there are ports missing from the B2000 head that the intake has. I can't remember at the moment if they are EGR or Coolant ports, but never the less, I was wondering if anyone has installed these two components together, and If they had any issues. Thanks!
mazdafvr   +1y
I never knew them to be different. I sure hope they aren't different cause im about to do the swap and I don't wanna swap intakes too. as far as I know they are the same. ima look at my 2.0 head tonight to make sure. if so just use an intake from a b2000.
la cucararacha   +1y
Yeah, The crux is I have two b2200 intake manifolds, and no b2000 intake. And I'm feeling kinda cheap now that I spent a bunch of money re-building my bottom end
mazdafvr   +1y
I looked at mine last night and I got fooled by looking at the exhaust side, but I looked and double checked and mine are the same. exactly the same, kinda weird yours is different. mine has the same coolant, egr ports and all. everything lines up. I looked at the exhaust side for a half an hour tryin to figure out y the coolant holes weren't there. lol but then I realized I was looking at the wrong side.
la cucararacha   +1y
Here is my new head:

thread post photo

Old Head:

thread post photo

and my intake:

thread post photo

thread post photo

It appears i'm missing the egr port. HRm........I'm not sure what to do about this...Anybody?
mazdafvr   +1y
hmm. weird, just looked at my b2000 head in my back seat and it has the hole that yours is missing. I would think you could just block it off somhow being people block theirs off by removing egr valve and making a block off plate, I would just go to a junk yard and find one tho cause theres no telling what kind of leaks you could end up with later down the road if u just block it off. unless your a good welder and know for sure that the rest would line up and work properly, I never heard of that scenario.
la cucararacha   +1y
Yeah, I'm not sure I should bother to worry about it or not. I do want to make sure that my engine can vent to somewhere, and where, I don't care too much. As long as it's not pressurized and blowing oil out of the seals I can't remember where the other crank case vents are on my block.
applianceguy   +1y
IDK if I were you, I would not even try to install that new head, as it does not look right at all. I would take it back, and get the right one for it.
If you try to install that one, you might get stuck with it, as it is now a "used" one.
mazdafvr   +1y
i think hes right the dizzy gear hole is on the intake side, didn't even see that, I don't think that's the right head man. the hole for the dizzy to slide in should be on the same side as the exhaust manifold. id suggest sending it back and getting the right one.
la cucararacha   +1y
I bought it off of a Dude on Craigslist. Probably won't be able to find him again. I thought the hole was on the wrong side initially, but that's the thermostat housing.
thread post photo

The head came complete with a front cover. Everything lines up correct, valve cover fits, it's just the weird missing port. I did find one other person complaining of the same issue, but nobody seems to know what the heck is going on.

Maybe it's some freak year or something.