Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Performance \  Weber 32/36 plumbing

Weber 32/36 plumbing

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2361
replies 13
following 5

dvsdev   +1y
I'm currently getting ready to fit a weber and have noticed on the fuel inlet side of the carb, between the inlet and the vacuum line inlet that I have a extra hose fitting, it's only small and its fitted to a little device that looks like the fuel booster pump on the other end of the carb, I've looked online at the pictures of the 32/36 DGAV and it looks like its been removed from the design now.

Unfortunately I'm using a iPhone for the Internet so I can't attach a picture but I can describe it.
It's 1"x1" square, has 4 holding screws around the outside holding it to the carb, the hose is small (about 3mm) and comes out of a central lump that's about 1/2" high.
If anyone knows what this is, can I cap it off?
thermus   +1y
Sounds like to me you have a Weber model 22680 051B which is the water choke model. The electric choke is the Weber 22680 033B.

Here is a picture of the water choke style...

post photo
dvsdev   +1y
Na it's definitly the DGAV, I've got a kit coming to change it to a manual choke though.
It's off a 2ltr Cortina but I forgot to ask what year.
On that picture though you can see the small booster pump on the left hand end (small square casting with a actuation bar running vertically, and directly opposite on the other end you can see the top of the square casting where the part is that I have, it's mostly obscured by the inlet and filter.
dvsdev   +1y
Well I just bunged a hose onto it anyway, it seems to be a vacuum part?
Next small issue, I have an intermittent run-on or dieseling that happens every once in a while, I've checked my plugs and it seems good as far as the jetting and timing is 6deg advanced on the distributor, is this a common thing for the Weber to do?
dvsdev   +1y
I don't know if this will work but ill try to upload the pic through tapatalk of the vacuum part I asked
jenko   +1y
Your posts are excellent, tapatalk is great!
Nobody will know what a Cortina is
Where in NZ are you?
mazdafvr   +1y
might can get away with just capping it off. i dont know for sure, as for the dieseling, check your mixtures, (fuel and air) theres a pretty good thread somewhere on here about tuning it. supposevly the mixture screws are pretty touchy so a quarter turn off can be alot. and it may just be dieseling because of that 3mm hose inlet. maybe it was previously hooked to somthing it shouldnt have been or cap was leaking. and are u running your egr valve or did u block it off? if its clogged or got alot of nasties in it it may not close all the way and i know with a stock carb it can cause the same symptoms.
dvsdev   +1y
West Auckland, egr valve has been replaced and is still hooked up since it attaches to the manifold anyway.
I do wonder about the idle jets though, it has 50's in it but I wonder if they're a bit off on the sizing, I need to find someone with a gas analyzer I guess
dvsdev   +1y
So, it's still dieseling, I've fitted a FPR and its set to just below 2.25psi, idle is 750rpm, adjusted idle mixture as per online instructions.
It diesels 30% of the time for a second or two, but I've noticed that after it stops that I can smell fuel, I'm running 6deg BTDC ignition timing, if I retard it towards 7-8deg will it fix the dieseling or just rob me of power and do internal damage?
mazdafvr   +1y
it wont do any internal damage, I have to have mine advanced a good bit and it runs good, I also hooked my timing advance to a port with more vacuum than the standard advance port. pulls more vacuum and advances earlier, helps with bottom end power. just give it a try, play with it till it seems better and take a drive. good luck