threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Performance \  trying to get the most from my 2.2 and 5spd truck help?

trying to get the most from my 2.2 and 5spd truck help?

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1830
replies 13
following 8

tom_mcmullen   +1y
hey, I know that these trucks were never meant to go fast but I'd like to get the most out of it. my question is can I put the gearing from a fox body or explorer in my rear end or would I need to convert everything?
I bumped up my timing for a few extra horses
would messing with the idle accomplish anything?
where can I find and how much is a Webber Carb?
and should I straight pipe or put a higher flowing muffler on it
richard93   +1y
U can get the weber at at carbs unlimited u will have to make a choice between the 32/36 or the 38/38 I would recommend the 38/38 if u are planning on header and cat free exhaust
tom_mcmullen   +1y
what is the difference in carbs?
thermus   +1y
Very good info here.

mazdamn   +1y
From past experience, I dont give a damn what anyone tells you. The BIGGEST in hp gain...get rid of the belt driven fan.
thermus   +1y
+1 for belt drivin fan. I'm using an electric fan from am 88 rx7.
beatupb   +1y
Weber carb, header and custom exhaust, e-fan, put the truck on a diet?
chaserjohndoe   +1y
don't forget a good port job
applianceguy   +1y
I am porting a stock intake right now. How careful do you have to be with the coolant jackets. What I mean, is are they very close to the intake ports?? I do not wanna take off too much and find out that I am getting coolant into the cylinders.
mazdafvr   +1y
I did a weber 38, busted my precat, left my other cat, (its high flow or some b.s. anyway) and a 2.0 head, oh I didn't port my intake, how much of a difference is that? anyway I did new rings too and it has some pulling power in 5th now. I don't win any races but I deffinetly tell a difference in stock and the way it is now. and I had it runnin damn good for a stock carb. but now powers there at all rpms, no flat spots no sputters no weird computer sensors messing with the engine and it just drives so much better, way more enjoyable, runs smoother, half the time at a light I think it died cause I cant hear or feel it idling.