Page 3 of 3
Mazda Engine Performance \  B2600i performance parts

B2600i performance parts

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 14287
replies 22
following 7

eddiep23   +1y
Does anybody know where you can get longer connecting rods for the g6 block? I'm looking to build one with a little bit more power to it after boring it over about .030 to .040
crazy tarzan   +1y
FYI the 2.6 FI already runs a bit higher on compression, hence the owners manual recommending 87+ octane (and it does make a difference for mileage!). If you bump it up much more you're going to have to run premium 92+ only.
teflondan   +1y

I recently replaced the head gasket on my Mazda B 2600i. When I did I did not mark the timing chain and orientation of top dead center. Needless to say when I put it back together I was off one tooth on my timing chain and had zero compression. The truck still ran (badly) but still ran. I got mine with a blown head gasket between 1-2. My Toyota on the other hand blows all the water out of the tail pipe. Runs like a champ 5-23 psi on all 6 cylnders with no water in the oil. The head gasket is blown and i have to fill it with water every 20min or so.

See if they replaced the head gasket or replaced the timing chain did valve did any work to it to see if it might be off one tooth. When I cranked mine over I can count the teeth on the cam and the teeth on the crank and the mark on the chain did not match the mark on the crank.