Page 1 of 3
Mazda Engine Performance \  B2600i performance parts

B2600i performance parts

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 14274
replies 22
following 7

eddiep23   +1y
Are there any performance parts for the G6 motor? like crankshafts, cams, injectors, etc... I'm looking to build up another g6 block for uhh....daily use
crazy tarzan   +1y
turbo. . . or swap.
eddiep23   +1y
I saw somewhere on here that a guy in australia was pulling 430 rwhp out of this engine... and I find it funny that the air intake crosses smack over the exhaust and the headers have a downpipe that unbolts in the shape of a turbo.... hmmm...
crazy tarzan   +1y
I've noted that too, and even posted about it once. Seems like there were plans to allow a turbo application on the fi 2600 trucks. I'm considering getting a wrx turbo and seeing what can be done with it.
91extcab   +1y
Mpv v6 is a direct bolt in swap, bolts to the stock trans... Would need the ecm and engine wire harness... Rx7 injectors might be swappable... Could run megasquirt2 and tune the engine how you want...
eddiep23   +1y
but to work with more fuel, wouldn't there be a need for more air?
pwrlineman   +1y
Hello everyone. I' m new to this forum so excuse me if I'm inquiring in the wrong place. Anyways I just bought a 1992 b2600i from an older fella. Pretty clean truck with low miles but having an issue with the idle when the clutch engaged and in gear (any gear). As I rev it and allow the idle to drop with foot off the pedal the engine boggs like it is going to turn off and then corrects itself. On the other hand with clutch engaged and not in gear, it does fine and even without the clutch engaged. Is there a load sensor or transmission sensor of some sort? Anyone please advise. Thanks
eddiep23   +1y
No place is the wrong place for a question! Welcome to the forum! Is the engine running rich? Is the idle right below 1000rpm? these trucks have a Mitsubishi computer in them (passenger side kick panel) that has a capacitor that leaks, causing these trucks to run rich and bog down like you described. You may want to check into that
crazy tarzan   +1y
there is also a soleniod or switch of some sort that bumps up the idle when the truck is put in gear. From a flat idle (don't rev it at all--foot off the gas), push in the clutch--should be no change. Now holding the clutch in, put the truck in gear--idle should bump up to about 1k from 800 or so. Take it out of gear (holding clutch all the while) and it should drop back down to a lower idle. Sounds like something is messing up the mix when the solenoid cuts in/out.
pwrlineman   +1y
Yes that is exactly correct. Idle goes from 800 to little over 1000 as your described exactly. Then back down when taken out of gear. I'll have to check and see why it bogs after an acceleration when in gear. I hope it's not a computer issue and more like faulty switch or solenoid as you described. Thanks!