views 4918
replies 48
following 9

reed_bryant   +1y
://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/28/faa1dd00ad8e9b7ff4f035d6d099a024.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reed_bryant   +1y
thread post photo

Something different than your traditional bag on bar set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reed_bryant   +1y
Ok so the rear is basically done. Just got a few things left. the guy doing it said it might be finished today. One thing ive got a question about is about laying out. will i be able to lay out without channeling the cab with an 18" wheel? ill post some more pics later tonight after they send me some. Feedback is greatly appreciated
mymmeryloss   +1y
Should be interesting to see how that rear setup works out.
reed_bryant   +1y
im not going for crazy lift or anything. but im using 2600's so they are oversized anyway. might get good lift, idk.
baha   +1y
Time to break out geometry. With the bracket mounted like in the one picture your lift will be equal to the stroke of the bag. Other wise you can use slope to calculate lift. If those are firestone bags I don't think you are going to have enough lift to be a good driver unless he moves the brackets closer to the middle of the bar.

I think mmloss is talking about the affect on pinion angle and that upper cross member. Is it welded to the bed mounts?
baha   +1y
About laying out, it really depends on the diameter of your tire, you may have to cut for the drive shaft but you probably won't have to. Is that what you were talking about?
mazdizzle   +1y
The truck will lay out just fine on an 18" wheel if he sets up the suspension right.
reed_bryant   +1y
i dont have firestones. Ive got dominator 2600's. theyre pretty big. but yea, baha thats what i was talking about with the driveshaft. and yes the crossmember is between the bed mounts. and about the pinion angle, it doesnt change any throughout travel.
reed_bryant   +1y
he said that they "revamped" the mounts a little so i dont know exactly what they changed. As soon as i found out ill let yall know.