threads
Page 3 of 3
Mazda Engine Swaps \  1990 b2200 small block 350 engine swap.

1990 b2200 small block 350 engine swap.

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 6864
replies 22
following 5

geterdun   +1y
Looks good. You may want to weld tubing from the frame on each side to the top pivot point for stability under duress. That top straight pipe will be the weak point, hanging out in the wind as it is.
All look really well done. Where did you shorten the sway bar, center?
I was thinking S-10 had a six lug wheel pattern too? At least, the guy I bought this last one from threw a tire w/ rim in the truck as a spare, and said it was S-10? I saw him take it out of the S-10 he had there. I did not look at the number of lugs on the pickup, thoughI put it on when one on it would not hold air. The center alignment hole is way big, but the lug pattern is right on.
sincitylocal   +1y
The sway bar was shortened on both sides of the pumpkin... just inboard of where it mounts to the axle tubes.
I hadn't thought about the cross bar being weak, until you pointed it out. Now I'm going to have to brace it.
The way it's sitting now, the rear wheels fit perfect in the wheel wells, with about 3/8" clearance on the inside of the tire. The outside has more fender clearance than the front does. Even though the tires are the same size, and the rear wheel is an inch wider, the wheel offset is different.

thread post photo

thread post photo
geterdun   +1y
Slick job, all looks good and thought out! Should be able to power slide with no lift/leaning, equal traction.