threads
Page 2 of 3
Mazda Engine Swaps \  1990 b2200 small block 350 engine swap.

1990 b2200 small block 350 engine swap.

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 6865
replies 22
following 5

dan biehler   +1y
looks like I'm goin with a built up 305 now, I gotta find the rear diff from an rx7tomake er pauzy. A bit of modification to thedrive shaft and some engine mounts etc... should be fun.
sincitylocal   +1y
A 10 bolt rear from an S-10 fits with a little modification. Lots of them came with pozi differentials, and gearing options are more readily available.
chevellex69   +1y

How well do those fit inside the fenders? Does the axles have to get cut?
geterdun   +1y
In other words, how wide is the rearend from outside of brake hub to outside of other brake hub? Mazda is ~ 60", right? I think when I bought this last B2600, it had a S-10 rim on it. Center bore is oversize, but we never let that both us in another life, the lugs center it, and we only had five.
Now a days, I would have spacers made for the front rims, to run four alike rims (front two will have a gap between rim and hub, since the rims will be made to fit S-10 alignment diameter on all four hubs). Spare won't matter, it will be the incase rim, but not to be a Mazda, will not fit S-10 rearend, larger bore, remember.
sincitylocal   +1y
I just finished installing one in my V8 truck. At the moment I have the 8" wide Firebird wheels mounted up. I did not cut the axles. My setup is a 3 link, so the spring perches are gone, and the shock absorber orientation is different.
I will put up some pics and measurements when I get home tonight.
sincitylocal   +1y
The measurements I get for the Mazda rear is 58-3/4" drum to drum... at the wheel mounting surface.
For reference, here is a shot of the factory setup with a 205-70/14 tire. From outside to outside, of the tire(widest point), I measure 64".
thread post photo

The S-10 rear measures 56" disc to disc(wheel mounting surface).
Here is my S-10 rear with the 16X8 Firebird wheel, and a 235-60/16 tire. From outside to outside, of the tire(widest point), I measure 63-1/2". 1/2" narrower than the stock Mazda setup!

Sorry I don't have the bed on right now. I'm still finishing a few details.
If pics are needed, the bed will be going back on sometime next week.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

I'm almost positive that the spring perches require relocation for a B truck install. My disc brake setup is from a Firebird, and will not work with the Mazda leaf spring. Not sure if the S-10 disc would be a better match. This rear was originally drum. It is now equipped with the Firebird 3:23 gear, and limited slip differential, which is a must for a good V8 swap!
Post was last edited on Apr 30, 2015 04:04. This post has been edited 1 times.
geterdun   +1y
Sounds good, but I got no pictures?
sincitylocal   +1y
Using a different host. Got pics now?
geterdun   +1y
Pictures are good now. The required for stability in curves (power sliding) sway bar hook up does not show.
Can you add a few of it?
sincitylocal   +1y
These are the bolt-in mounts from the Firebird also. I cut them down and welded them in. In case you haven't realized it yet, I cut a few inches out of the sway bar too. The Firebird was quite a bit wider than these trucks, and you can see in the last pic, that I narrowed my frame between the tires so I can fit some fatties in there.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo