threads
Page 1 of 3
Mazda Engine Swaps \  1990 b2200 small block 350 engine swap.

1990 b2200 small block 350 engine swap.

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 6834
replies 22
following 5

dan biehler   +1y
Looking for someone by the name Broken Toyz, I hear you can build me a conversion kit for a small block 350 engine, just wondering if you still make them because that would make things a heck of alot easier for me!
Many thanks. Dan.
geterdun   +1y
I don't know of him. Your headaches and reconstruction of the truck will be none with a 4.3 v6 from a GM truck. It is a drop in fit, can use original motor mount pads (I used 78 motor mounts) in the Mazda. Use the original radiator, if it is the all metal one. That is 190 horses stock, build to your desires.
I went carb and 85 4.3 HEI distributor, no bot.
chevellex69   +1y
You and your damn v-6! I see you post that everywhere.
I wish there was a way to tag people in here. Did you search his name and send him a private message?
geterdun   +1y
Regret you were not smart enough to go the simple, easy upgrade, but you think you have the only way to go? Small of you, dud.
Wish these v6's were around when I put the 350 in my 77 Vega sedan delivery wagon.
dan biehler   +1y
I gotta go with the 350 cause i'm building a nova mazda b22 rat rod, my friends nova is rotten and its got a mint engine and transmission, i'm gonna salvage everything I can from it and put it on the truck ! We have been researching what we need to do the job, gonna throw in a pauzy rear end and I think the drive shaft from an rx 7 bolts up to the transmission, I tried searching the name broken toyz but a club name shows up every time. I'll give it another go.
sincitylocal   +1y
I did a 350 swap too. Nobody makes a kit anymore. You have to build motor/trans mounts, move the radiator forward, and massage the transmission tunnel a bit.

Play nice guys.
Geterdun, it seems that you're trying to talk people out of their swap ideas and go with the V6... and it is getting old.
befarrer   +1y
V8 sound > V6 sound
geterdun   +1y
v6 sound> jump to half way through the video. It's passable, supercharger not required.

chevellex69   +1y
I wasn't trying to start anything. I just noticed it was being posted a lot. If I guy wants to put a inline 4, 5, or 6, v6, v8, v10, diesel.. whatever it may be, that's freaking cool. I would love to help wherever I can. Just don't talk someone out of their idea unless you've already tried that swap and failed hard.

350 is do able, might have to make a friend that can weld stuff for ya.
geterdun   +1y
Not really, retired machinist and tool and die maker. First swap was a high performance 289 into a Ford Falcon (like in the Vonage commercial, but windows all around, then went to and back from California-six week leasurely trip, camping in '74) van. Next, mid '80's, 350 in a Vega sedan delivery wagon. It is diffcult, v6 is simple, plenty of power.